1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Akra System

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by James85, Aug 18, 2019.

1. I’ve been looking at Akra systems for over a year for my 1260 PP but having never seen or heard one plus the whole lack of upmap made be unsure. However today I’m John O Groates I bumped into a PP with the Akra fitted. It sounds and looks amazing. Had a good chat the the guy, he hasn’t had it mapped and says it runs great. Over 2000 miles without issue! Anyone else experienced this?
    Seriously tempted to pull the pin on one!!

2. get it done man!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. IMG_0985.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Came with the DB killer as well, he will do a deal for both items. Screenshot 2019-08-18 at 14.04.52.png

#5 Bobmg, Aug 18, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  5. Thanks John, I was already a member of the group but haven’t been on FB much over the last week.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Turns out Rapid Bikes auto tune module is compatible with the 1260. That’s could be the perfect match for the Akra system!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. I had the Akra system on my 1200 DVT, the header is a work of art, did 4000 miles without a problem.

8. Question regarding the mounting bracket and panniers shown in this picture.
    A mate has just fitted a silencer to his 1260, and the thickness of the bracket the same as this pushes the rh pillion footrest bracket out such that his pannier is now a 'right b@stard' to get on. The rubber block no longer goes in square and needs a bit of force.
    Does anyone else find this, and how have you dealt with it ?

Cheers,
    John.

9. Hi John, you are 100% correct.
    I found this out while trying to mount the pannier for a European Tour, I am looking at getting made up some wedge type washers to angle the footrest bracket, putting the rubber block back into the original position or near abouts, or getting a spare rubber block and reshaping to allow easier mounting of the pannier, it not a problem at the moment as no more touring planned for this year

10. Hi John, I'm glad you brought that up as I've ask a person who added spacers to the foot-rest bracket if fitting the pannier was an issue? See post #7. He replied no but I'm not 100% convinced as fitting the panniers is a precise endeavor. Here's the thread:
    https://www.ducati.ms/forums/44-multistrada/720333-qd-exhaust-trouble-fitting-passenger-peg.html

#13 DarR, Aug 19, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  11. It lifts the bottom of the pannier outwards, therefore making it extremley difficult to make the pannier slide forward enough into the locating holes, it needs to slide forward enough to lock the pannier in place!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Probably adds a tremendous amount of stress on the pannier tabs.

13. Cut some rubber from outside and stick it to inside using a high quality double side 3M tape. 10 minutes and problem solved! Did few thousand miles this year without any issues.
    IMG_20190819_115737.jpg IMG_20190819_115720.jpg IMG_20190819_115726.jpg

14. Wow, thanks for all the replies !
    I feel guilty now, and I'm sorry for taking this thread off topic :yum:blush:

15. Hi John,

I had the same issue so I just shaved a bit if rubber from the stop block on that side, about 2mm and it is a lot easier to fit the pannier now. Post some pics 20190824_111805.jpg 20190824_111805.jpg 20190824_111518.jpg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information