1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

939 SP Akrapovic Full Titanium System

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by RK6, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Just finished fitting an Akra full system to my Hyper. Haven't had it out on the road yet as I don't fancy scrubbing a brand new Supercorsa in the rain but i'll post my opinions of it as soon as I've done some miles.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These were after only 5 mins of running at idle:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can't wait to see what it'll look and sound like after I've given it death for a few hundred miles!

#1 RK6, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  2. You sir are a shitbag!! I was hoping I wouldn't like it but it looks awesome and would be able to fit panniers too

• Like Like x 2
  3. Out of interest. Does the silencer have not fit toad use etc on?

4. I didn't notice any markings but it will probably have the RACE USE ONLY marker on the inside like most other Akra race cans. Even if it isn't marked for race use only, it is very obviously a race system. It's probably 1.5x louder than the Termi system at idle. Can't say much about high RPM noise yet though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I was going to get the not for road use polished out of the termi

6. Like it, like it!
    What's are the tail tidy & indicators incidentally?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. It's fitted with Ducati Performance indicators and an Evotech tail tidy. It's also got the Evotech engine, rad and cooler guards which look pretty slick even if they do hide a bit of shiny magnesium.

Been caught out with stones/birds destroying rad's up in the highlands a couple times now so guards are a necessity.

#7 RK6, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  8. I love the indicators, they are one the list with an evo-tech tail tidy to replace the r&g one. Just waiting on the heated grips and the grab handles at the moment.

9. Couple of questions, what are you asking for the termi system as I'll propably chuck mine on eBay. Also, does the carbon fly screen help with the wind at all. I've won a standard hyperstrada screen on eBay for £36.50 I planned to use it just for my assen trip next year.

10. Ive had the Carbon screen on from new, so don't know if its an improvement, but Ive been up the A1 with it, doing 500,000 mph and its seems ok.

11. Is the R&G one no good?

12. Did it come with an up map key?

13. We gonna see a video?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. I'm after £1,100 for the Termi but offered it up on here for £1,000. Nobody seems to want it though... Must be the wrong time of year to sell. That or there aren't many folk with Hypermotards. Who knows!

The Carbon fly screen is actually pretty spot on. It's only wee so it doesn't provide a huge amount of protection but it's enough for me.

The Akra doesn't come with an up-map key as it isn't a Ducati OEM part. It's a purely aftermarket system so if you want it set up properly, you need to go do some time on a Dyno.

Just to be clear, this exhaust is ALLOT louder than the Termi full system!! I'm hoping it settles down after a thousand or so miles as it's borderline painful at present. My ears were ringing after a short trip into town the other night and that's with earplugs.

It is a nicer tone though. Much less dirt bike and much more superbike...

Some more pictures and a video will follow but I'm away for a couple weeks so it'll have to wait.

15. My mivv can was loud. Embarrassingly so. The termi is the right sound from what I've heard, although I haven't heard the akra yet.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Can I ask what you paid for akrapovic and we're from,just ordered a sp and they've thrown a set of panniers in so want the low down pipe,thanks

17. It was about £1,500 if I remember rightly. Give the guys at Calsport a shout, they'll sort you out.

• Like Like x 1
  18. That's ridiculous. 500,000 mph?
    Did you get it stuck in second gear?

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. You can use a rubber wheel to do it - did it last week on my RSV4....the problem is, is it "cleans" that area so if your OCD inclined then you might have to do the whole pipe....
    IMG_20161105_114301.jpg
    IMG_20161105_114809.jpg

20. I honestly don't know why people go to the bother. Police have better things to do than prick about with noisy pipes. I've been pulled over more times than I'd care to admit and only once has a cop mentioned my exhaust (regardless of bike).

Officer: "Is that a race can?"

Me: "Of course not, what do you take me for, some kind of criminal?!"

End of conversation.

#20 RK6, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
Do Not Sell My Personal Information