1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Akrapovic System

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by manxxl, Jul 30, 2022.

1. Hi, just bit the bullet and bought race system for the multistrada, has anyone fitted it themselves as ducati want 6hrs=£637 to fit it . I'm fairly competent with the spanners but always open for advice

2. Pretty sure there's a thread on the US forum where someone did this and has posted a guide.

3. Cheers I'll have a look

4. Just take your time, will be simple enough. 6hrs ha! ha!

5. Dealer fitted mine from new, it looks straight forward enough to me, dealer will have to load the ECU evo map that you get with the system though

6. Yes 1/2 hr labour to install map =£50 I don't mind that

• Like Like x 1
  7. The ECU map download for the Akrapovic system comes direct from Ducati and is only available through an authorised Ducati dealer/workshop. My advice before you embark on the job yourself is to make sure there is a dealer willing to apply the map for you. If the download is anything like my Panigale V4, it takes about 2 hours so I doubt very much a dealer will do it for free. Andy

8. Yes I spoke to my dealer and their more than happy to install the new map with 1/2 hr labour

• Like Like x 2
  9. Simple enough to fit for any reasonably competent DIYer, instructions are downloadable from Ducati website, certainly not a 6 hour job o_O, fitted mine myself and had the map loaded at first service by Nelly at Cornerspeed, service and upmap install, total £178, great service as always :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Got the original off in about 35 minutes, will be fitting akrapovic one evening next week.

11. My system has been on back order since October!

Im hoping to get it fitted at 1st service in the next week or so. Sounds like they are starting to get delivered.

12. Is Akrapovic now the preferred manufacturer opposed to Termignoni? Reason I ask is my Termignoni came with a upmap key. Just wondering if it’s now a similar situation with the Akrapovic?

13. Akrapovic exhaust doesn't have a key ,you have to get dealer to download and install from ducati

14. Left the exhaust untill today (saturday) and had it fitted in about 2Hrs.
    Definitely a bit fiddley but instructions are very comprehensive and worth studying

15. What do you think?

16. Managed to get out today and very happy with the new exhaust, no upmap untill next saturday
    but the throttle and pick up is more crisp and imediate also the deep sound is far better.

• Like Like x 2
  17. I fitted mine last week, 3 hours, old one off new one on, and goes to Ducati Glasgow in the morning for the map to be uploaded, hope its as good as thet say it is

18. It is!

19. Yes your right, what a difference, this is the way the bike should be sold

• Like Like x 1
  20. Finally got mine fitted, back order for 11 months?

Anyway, did 200(ish) miles over the weekend and my finding are as follows:

Improved midrange, pulls noticeably better.
    Overrun seems smoother, which was more of a benefit that I'd imagined.
    Removing the DB killers seems to make no difference, but they're in the garage for good now.
    Virtually no aesthetic difference.
    Better sound, but not as loud as I'd have liked. Might get better, Akras usually do.
    Was it worth the money? Probably not.
    Am I glad I spec'd it? Absolutely.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information