1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alazzura- Pantah Custom

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Tom Bradbury, Sep 22, 2019.

1. HI all as a new Ducati (Engine ) owner of a Alazzurra 350 which I have been customising since winter, Didn't like the plastic bits!! has anyone else had a problem with the insulation of the Ignition sensor cables turning to powder - possibly due to the heat as it passes close to the head & exhaust - bike was running fine till I moved the connector to add a digital rev counter when I investigated why it was only running on one pot I discovered the wires were bare for a good bit of their length!!
    Very pleased with the look now just need to shorten the shocks & forks as being a short arse in my 70's can't get my leg over! (the saddle!!) PS if anyone knows the length & rating of the Alazzurra rear shocks it would help me get shorter ones from Hagon. Burning Chrome2.jpg Burning Chrome1.jpg

#1 Tom Bradbury, Sep 22, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Welcome Dave

3. Welcome Tom :):upyeah:

4. What a great mobile mirror for combing the hair:upyeah:welcome aboard.

5. Would be good if I had any!

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Welcome and enjoy. Nice looking machine!

7. Welcome to the forum

8. Ok then just use it for lipstick correction.:p

9. Hi and welcome to the Ducati forum great intro with pictures and did I see a black bin lurking in the background of the first picture

10. Welcome Tom, when you're done with it you can sell it as a Norton chrome jobby thing (there still won't be any on the road to compare with :D)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I suppose I could try trimming my 'tache !
    Thanks for the welcome guys!
    I first drooled over a 250 bevel in the mid 60's but as a student couldn't afford it but got a Norton Dommi 55 from the Motorcycle Graveyard in Twickenham followed shortly by a Triumph T110 amalgamating the two into a Triton and then using the leftovers to make a Nortry which I sold on (cheap) to help pay for the Triton. Still wish I had bought the Duke though!

• Like Like x 2
  12. welcome tom'

13. Yes. I had the the same issue when doing a Pantah 500 restoration. Scroll to the bottom of this page https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/another-pantah-rebuild.41343/page-3

If you look further in that thread you will see information about the shocks which I would assume are same as the Alazurra. £10mm between centres and 10mm bushes. I can't help you with the spring rate though but Hagon should be able to work that out based on the weight of the bike and rider.

14. Welcome shiny shiny Tom :cool:

Solvol for Xmas by any chance? (or just turkey like the rest of us)…..

16. Thanks a lot for pointing out this post --r really useful

17. Turkey - but on a chrome roasting tin

18. Welcome to the forum Tom .

Seeing ( and hearing ) a Pantah for the first time was one of those moments that made me realise that Ducatis were something special ....
    .... not just " another " make of bike .... :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information