1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alcarras With Pacedayz (yamaha Content!)

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Monners, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Just returned from Alcarras near Barcelona with Pacedayz. A really underated track. You can't see from the videos but it's got some serious gradient changes including a big double left drop which is amazing to tear down. It's got some quite bad bumps in the track but they disappear as you get faster and the suspension smooths them out a bit like on a dirtbike!

I thought I had got a lot faster on the second day after working out the lines but my times were not better than the first day and I was a bit stuck. I went out with Michael Laverty and he knocked a massive four seconds off my laptime and got me to 1'45'' which I also managed on my own the next session. He clocked my pace within a lap and sorted my rhythm and dragged me slightly quicker into each corner. It's entertaining seeing him look back each corner to check I'm able to enter at that speed! One of my most memorable moments ever on a motorbike is following him around the long left hander before it drops down the hill with both of us leaning on elbows all the way around! It's the first time I've dropped below around ten seconds from the National Supersport laptimes at any track which are around 1'39-40 here so a huge step for me in my riding development as I've more or less halved that in a couple of sessions from my original 1'49'' to 1'45''.

I'd like to try the Panigale here but the R6 is so satisfying when you get the laptimes through sheer corner speed instead of cheat powers.

• Like Like x 5
  2. A number of people I know have been to Alcarras this year and have really rated it. Need to suggest to BBS that a trip needs to be arranged. Andy

3. That looks like great fun.Thanks for sharing.

4. Hi Royal
    Could you condense that down to post on my noodle thread
    I think that would be of interest

5. Do you mean the Noods updates and messages of support one? Sorry to say I’ve not seen that until now.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yes please :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information