1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ale In The Fridge

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Do they deliver?

2. I believe they do. Up to small keg size.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. The water in my jug was 5c according to my coffee thermometer. The fridge is on max but it's a cheapy LEC and struggling. I'll check out the freezer compartment next.

• Love You Love You x 1
  4. If it’s cool liquid get it in the fridge in this heat
    Sod rules :D

5. I always put mine in the fridge, around 5-7 degrees, especially Tribute just works so well at that temp. I like a meantime london pale ale as well but that doesn't benefit as much from being cold.

6. Warm beer is like drinking bath water. Unless its frozen, its never too cold :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. My freezer is too low to measure with a coffee thermometer, but it'a around -15 - -20. so everything is working. I've put another pale ale in the fridge but it won't stay there for long!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Each to their own, like my beer cold, sod what we're 'supposed to do'.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. I quite like a Hobgoblin, Proper job or American IPA & always cold. Warm beer is a through back too the dark ages

#29 Kevin Tallant, Aug 12, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Guinness!!:upyeah::upyeah::upyeah::upyeah::upyeah::upyeah::upyeah::upyeah::upyeah::upyeah::upyeah::upyeah::upyeah::upyeah::upyeah::upyeah::yum

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. All Ale should go in the fridge,why,on earth,do you think God invented them? Warm Beer is Soup - we're not savages any more.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. You must have a different kind of fridge to me then. Mine is set at 3c. I've checked it with a recently calibrated thermometer and it's between 2.9c & 3.8c (door shut obv.) .....and nothing freezes in there :thinkingface: Anyway........cold beer :beer::cool:

13. I have no clue what my fridges are set to temp wise, I use beer as my yardstick - if it aint cold enough - I turn the fridge settings to colder, and then on to bastard cold if it still isnt cold enough ( that's my favourite setting). Just to pee off the purists, I also put red wine in the fridge too :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Now, that is just taking things too far!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Put warm drinks in the fridge, take them out when cold.

Anything more anorak needs to be posted in the Coffee Thread.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information