1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT All Packed And Ready To Go

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by smudger, May 13, 2018.

1. DVT1200 serviced, new tyres and packed ready to go.
    Working away this week but off up to beautiful Scotland on Friday. Can’t wait .
    Proven kit used now for two years, simple, reliable and quick load and unload . Dry bag secured with Rock lock bungees, simple.
    Two tins of tyre weld, Ducati puncture kit and recovery sorted just in case . Banana chain lube, Tie wraps, super glue, torch, basic tool kit and first aid kit etc....(all week thinking if I’ve forgotten anything :) )
    B&B’s booked so travelling light.
    Fingers crossed we get mostly dry days for the icing on the cake .

Where’s your next adventure?

549DC117-CB2A-4AEA-94CC-F160FB67943C.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  2. 65 litres?? Traveling light? @Gimlet..... You reading this? Cue pictures of bikes with wardrobes on... :D

Have a great time dude :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. It is Scotland I’m going Wayne58, liners out of the jacket and trousers :) , pretty light weight though.

Cheers :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mate, I'm with ya, I travel with loads but don't half cop abuse for it. Lol :D
    This was in Spain last month, 35 litre with 2 boxes :upyeah:

IMAG0040.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Last year in Spain, same kit as this year......just in case :)

006B536A-57DD-45FB-AC69-241B55738C79.jpeg

6. Fuck, that front end must get light at speed. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. , May be i counterbalance the front end. Love Spain, Picos is mega

• Like Like x 1
  8. Have fun on your trip mate. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yeah!.....but that was only a short break lad o_O
    How much more would it have been if you'd gone for 3 days :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Funny guy Gareth !! Haven't you got sun to soak up :sun: and booze to drink. :D:beer::beer::beer:

• Like Like x 1
  11. I took 20L to Italy for a week last year. Still didn’t wear all the stuff I took.

Next trip is to Italy again for wdw in July. :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. I did assemble and back last year with a 30l kriega and a tank bag on my hyper sp. looking forward to the same trip again this year on a multi.

Enjoy your trip

• Like Like x 1
  13. Next weekend, France, Belgium and Germany, hoping to get all my stuff in the top box, following month Spain and Portugal with the wife, 1 Pannier each and top box for makeup!! +essentials - locks, fluorescent tops etc etc that are required

• Like Like x 1
  14. My previous bike was the Hyper 1100S, same as you kreiga back pack strapped to the back.....it works just fine :)

15. Funnily enough SWMBO asked me to put some of her kit in my case, when we were packing as hers was full, guess what, at the airport mine was overweight and hers was under :mad:

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. Mates and I are off to our annual Alpine GP in a few weeks. US20 and what Im wearing is all I take. I dont even take a rucksack. US20 only. But I am on a Pani.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I'll probably take more to Scotland for two weeks than you took to Spain TBH. My clothes would fit in a tank bag but for this trip I'm taking waterproof walking gear, boots, jacket trousers - though they'll ll be lightweight gear - and even fishing gear (the river Moriston runs through the grounds of the holiday cottage and the lease comes with free fishing rights so it would be rude not to). I may take light camping gear too for the NC 500 but haven't decided yet.

I've been known to take an extra roll bag etc that I haven't actually used for my luggage but they've come in handy when I've bought shit which I've got to carry back.
    If you're staying in self-catering as a base it's handy to be able to carry a week or more of food shopping in one go so you only have to do it once, especially when the supermarket is 35 miles away.

I'll probably be taking taking a 40L roll bag, a 30L tailpack which gets used as a day bag and two small roll bags mounted on the side as soft panniers. Sounds a lot but none of them will be full and the load will be well spread around the bike.

It's a bit different when you're in self-catering. You can take extra non-bike related stuff if you want to because you don't have to tote it round for the whole trip. If I was just riding and staying in B&Bs I'd just take the tail pack and a tank bag. Bit of a convert to tank bags. Look shit but very handy for toll money, phones, specs, camera, maps etc.

#17 Gimlet, May 14, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Whereabouts are you going?

I'm also off up there on Friday - taking this route (from Leics)

- Friday - up to Kielder Forest and stopping at the campsite in a POD (dark skies site)
    - Saturday - Up to Arisaig - camping.
    - Sunday - short tour of ISle of Skye (from Arisaig)
    - Monday - back down to Leics with a stop in Ayrshire to visit a cousin)

Weather looks OK so far.

Taking my R1200RS, rather than the 900ss!

19. Off to Leipzig on Wednesday, from Amsterdam; two-day ride there with some friends, and... we'll decide on the return route once the hangovers have cleared on Tuesday. Two goths on one bike means the panniers _and_ the roll-back are packed full, and we've sent two bags ahead in a friend's car. Imagine Smudger's pic, plus the sidecases.
    WGT is not compatible with travelling light.

Smudger, are you taking gaffer tape? FWIW, I re-spool a reasonable amount onto the flashlight, rather than packing a full roll.

• Like Like x 1
  20. That’s exactly how it is with my wife. I get one pannier, she gets the rest. I still don’t get why she can’t have 2 pairs... ‘on bike shoes’ and ‘off bike shoes’. Hair dryer and straighteners add to the bulk too :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information