1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 All Pani Models Fyi

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Advikaz, Mar 31, 2018.

1. chaps

I know most of us know this anyway but just a quick heads up

Had my 1299 serviced today, and was a little shocked to find out how many of my bolts had rattled themselves loose.

It’s very very common on all models, Worryingly not just fairing bolts either..

Check your bolts chaps!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. That’s what happens with V twins

3. I really didn’t check them long ago....

My dealer was saying check them every few hundred miles.

Theyve seen wheel nuts coming loose amongst other worrying things

4. Threadlock :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Lock Thread Lock Thread x 2
  5. Yeah too right!

6. Had the throttle tube bolts come out apexing Coppice at Cadwell, that was interesting.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. :-(

Better get that life insurance.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeah, the 1st oil change (7,500) is coming up, they told me they have to go thru and check every bolt. Better be safe than sorry.

9. i thought all ducati owners were used to checking bolts at every fuel stop? even my r9t swing arm bolts fell out last sundy :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Heading to the garage with beer and T
    What could possibly go wrong considering it 10:30 in the am.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. The blue thread lock of course, not the red.....unless you never want to remove any bolt ever again! Made that mistake just the once :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. This happened to me too on local track. Not very fun. :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. Happened to a Harley guy my dad was riding with. Both his grips(I think they were those metal ones) came lose and literally fell off... poor guy crashed almost instantly. This is AFTER having the bike serviced from the dealer.

My own rearset bolts have come lose and I even lost a gear shift peg while on a ride. Unfortunately I didn’t have access to a tool kit immediately so I couldn’t tighten it before it fell.

14. Scary. I had a grip come off a courtesy bike once during a bend. Wasn’t a great deal of fun tbh

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I also lost the gear shift pedal, but on my 1198. Had to ride around M25 in 2nd to get home.

This is not acute to the 1299, all vibey twins do it. Just periodically go round nipping up the typical candidates. My 1299s rhs mirror has a habit of working loose. Im loathe to loctite that as its a shear bolt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Yup, big singles do it as well.

It's the vibes that does it.

I toured a lot on a KTM which needed daily once-overs. Lost the side stand (!), pannier bolts etc despite that

Do Not Sell My Personal Information