1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All Season Skins - Suggestions

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by dazthephot, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Hi all, i'm looking at replacing my cheap n nasty skins. (they'll do for the pushbike) Any recommendations?
    Preferably 2 piece as i wear two piece leathers and don't fancy the hassle of stripping down every toilet break.

Thanks

2. Cannot recommend Dianese at all, the leggings seem to be made from 2 flat pieces of material stitched together which doesn't grip your bottom so constantly feel as though they are falling down. My current "go to" layers are made by Sondico. Andy

3. Ah thanks Andy, i was looking at the Dainese ones too. I'll have a look at Sondico.

4. I've had EDZ for about 10 years, spot on .

5. I bought some ARMR Moto Compression BaseWear after reading a positive review. Compression fit, Seamless, fast wicking and thermal, means they have been excellent all year round. I now use them off the bike for exercise as they are so comfortable. They are also amazing value at £35 for the top and pants.

6. EDZ merino good value and you won’t smell
    Wear all year round
    My leggings have laddered now but they are 7 years old

7. Have a look at mountain warehouse, their merino stuff is good, I wear the tops all winter

8. Thanks all much appreciated. The merino material seems to be the way forward. I like the fact that clothing made for other sports applies to us especially as sometimes branded specific stuff can be unduly expensive.

Daz

• Like Like x 1
  9. My suggestion would be to get one purpose made for summer and one for winter.
    I had all season and moved away to Dainese for summer and Klim for winter, made a huge difference in comfort.

10. Thanks it’s obviously the most expensive option but worth considering.

11. IMO no way something that keeps you cool at 30C will keep you warm at 5C.
    My setup:
    Dainese Dcore Aero for summer think it was around £70
    Klim Merino for winter £140 (this is a bit expensive, you might find cheaper Merino wool with other brands)

12. I don’t go out if it’s below 5 degrees, but my ARMR stuff works well for me all season. I’ve got winter thermals but don’t bother now.

In my experience the branded stuff is not as good. They tend to rely on the name to sell product rather than the quality.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information