1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allen Millyard And His Mad Motorcycle Engineering

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Robarano, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Only an Anorak would ask that question. :thinkingface:
    Steve

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sooooo, you are embarrassed you missed that point :yum I had to Google the bit in brackets so there :blush:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  3. I never got beyond the fact it was a V12, cc wasn't even in my thoughts.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  4. The badge is 2300cc, he doesn't say what the engine is. :thinkingface:

5. And?

6. .....why do you assume it's 2600cc? or 2536cc in anorak money.

I know you are going to say it's double the capacity of the original bike. It could well be, I have no idea because he doesn't say what the cc is. :thinkingface:

7. He usually doubles up on cc using standard parts for the alchemy, I guess he must have changed the stroke for some reason - no Vid on the build? :thinkingface:

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Probably just because he can. o_O

9. He has reasons for everything :eyes:

10. At one time Mr Millyard explained that he had to shorten the stroke slightly so that he had enough room to fit the master-and-slave conrods in the crankcase. Hence 2.3 litres instead of the 2.6 one might expect.

• Useful Useful x 2
  11. Just when you think his genius knows no bounds. :eek:

12. See :yum

13. Found him on YouTube...has built some amazing engines and bikes.This could pass for a baby Ducati motor.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Threads merged

15. If it weren't for "persons in Sheds" (politically correct) we probably wouldn't have the internal combustion engine, the jet engine or bagless vacuum cleaners :joy:

16. A quiet day today, so Allen just knocks up a bespoke crankshaft becasue...................well, just because he can. :laughing:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Met him a few times, nice guy, painfully shy in my estimation, takes him a while to relax, very intelligent, he serviced & “checked over” my mates H2 for him, my mate has got a few million but described the invoice as “eye watering”, iirc he billed him for 33 hours work!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information