1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Almeria Tips Before I Go!!!

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Scott21, Feb 5, 2017.

1. If your staying extra nights, instead of staying in Mojacar where focused use. Try Murcia or Granada for a night

2. I went there in Dec and it hammered down.

It's a grippy circuit in the wet though, so don't be worried about the weather forecasts if it doesn't look like perfect sunshine.
    The track is fairly abrasive on tyres, so if it's looking dry, it might be worth taking some spare tyres depending on your pace.
    There's plenty of plugs in the garages, but like said above, take a Euro Converter.
    Also, pack a fold out chair as sitting on the floor for 3 days will suck
    Where Focussed Stay in Mojacar is a bit of a mission away, so factor in plenty of time for travel back and forth from the track
    Have fun, you're going to have a great time

3. Just over a week till Almeria now and the nerves are starting to kick in. First day I've booked in with Adrew Pitt on the first day.

Can't wait just hope the hotel is of standard as my partner and 18 month old son is coming!

Anyone else heading there next week?

4. Just take it easy. It's not a race mate.

Don't get too ahead of yourself and you'll be fine

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I love Almeria track, im there in May, Hopefully have the cbr600rr ready by then :Nailbiting::Nailbiting:
    Just relax and you'll have a great time.

6. Andrew is a great teacher although when he is leading you around the track, he has the disturbing habit of swizzling round on his seat to look at you just as he is about to tip into a bend at about 90mph :eek:. The hotel we found is basic, clean with plenty of hot water for a bath or shower and reasonable food but not a lot to do. That was in February when most of Mojacar was closed so it might have livened up by April. If your partner is not joining you at the track, she might need the hire car to do stuff so will have to drop you off and pick you up.

7. Great info. Is there many that go with partners and kids? Or just me!

8. Im not going with FE so our Hotel is a bit further down the beach, I believe the FE hotel is quite close to the centre of town ( not the old town ). We normally go in April and it isnt that busy to be honest but were going in may this year for some reason.

9. Not busy at the track or hotel area or both?

10. Not busy in Mojacar !

11. La Cabana bar and grill is the best restaurant for steak and is a short drive south of the hotel. Aku Aku is a restaurant on the water front a short walk or drive up the coast from the hotel. We also went to a place across from the hotel called Portofino which was quite good. All on google maps.

The road from Mojicar to the track is epic , i'm sure your wife and kids will appreciate you driving full throttle all the way :)

The track is quite tricky for newbies as it's all corners and gradients unlike most UK tracks which are straights and separate corner sections. Be sure to read the track guides online and it will help you massively if you memorise the circuit before going as it will be a lot easier to learn the lines then once you are out there. It's worth bearing in mind that running at a slower speed you will naturally split the track into sections with little straight bursts in between whereas faster people will link all the corners together so bear this in mind when watching the vids as your braking and tipping in points will be different. It's an awesome circuit and super satisfying once you start to find some rhythm.

#31 Monners, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  12. Best track day insurance at a good price anyone recommend except for Moris as there having issues.

13. Anyone used bengo?

14. Yes, my usual go to and competatively priced. 4 Counties has a tie in with FE and offer a small discount. Should be a link from the FE web page. Andy

15. Just seen the FE lorry on the m25 so assume they're on the way :)

16. Used bengo, also check out Holiday Safe.

17. Used moris last time with no problem, also went down to clinica medica at Almeria for an x-ray and seen doctor all within 30 mins Luckily ok.
    Done Cartagena through Trackmoto which was run well although a new company.

18. Circuitmoto

19. A few Spanish phrases might be useful

Mucho calor! - It's very hot!
    Me he cagado - I have shat myself
    Me he meado - I have pissed my pants
    Donde esta el vater? - Where's the toilet?
    Manos arriba, esto es un robo - Hands up, this is a robbery
    Donde esta la frontera? - Where is the border?
    Ocho cervezas por favor - Eight beers please
    Mai tailor ees reech - My tailor is rich
    Donde hay un bar? - Where is there a bar?
    Claro que no estoy borracho! - Of course I'm not drunk!
    Cuanto? - How much?
    Ten cuidado con mis llantas, hijo puta! - Take care with my wheels, you bastard!

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. Very handy thanks !
    But you missed
    Ocho cervezas grande por favor

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information