1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alpinestars V Dainese V Rst

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Wayne58, Jun 27, 2018.

1. I have the same suit but airtech airbag version
    Even after removing the airtech to get the suit cleaned I can say it weighs a ton and it is much more "cumbersome" than my Spyke Cyber1 or Wolf Kangaroo I had before.
    IMHO the GP suit is overpriced..would rather get top of the range RST or even better Wolf Kangaroo suit for only £500 (reduced @ sportbikeshop)

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. They've got some good deals on dainese in crescent verwood at the moment mate, for my tuppence worth, I have a dainese race suit which I love, alpinestars textiles, which are average at best and expensive and a Rev it leather jacket which is lovely. Ultimately its all personal preference but I've had rst textiles and they were great so would imagine their leathers to be a good quality, you know what you get with dainese but personally I feel alpinestars are a bit hit and miss... Rev it are defo worth a look and they fit true to size!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. I was talking to Guy in cresent only the other day, and he mentioned it, so may be worth popping back there to. :upyeah:

4. DAE976FF-8B57-4C12-A782-EE0B9DEA48BC.jpeg Just bought a set of Alpinestars GP pro airbag fucken whatever... kangaroo leather. Excellent quality but can’t stop hopping around whenever I pull them on....

• WTF WTF x 1
  5. One the sales chaps at Sports Bike Shop told me the two best quality leathers suit brands around at the mo are Held and Rev it.
    Not sure I could live with 'Rev it'...Stooopid name.

6. Best gloves I’ve ever had were RevIt. Really nice fit/feel and lasted years of abuse.

7. With chickadee written on them?!?!

Wikipedia - The chickadees are a group of North American birds in the tit family included in the genus Poecile. Species found in North America are referred to as chickadees, while other species in the genus are called tits.

:eek:

8. Correctomundo!!!

9. I have RST stuff, I've got a one piece and old 2 piece and a blade textile jacket! All have stood up to the general wear n tear really well, everything is comfy and has been from the start. I have RST track teck boots too. I have no complaints whatsoever! Great value for money imo.
    The only thing that's turned my head is furygan stuff!

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. On your avatar it says male....... Nuff said... :thinkingface:o_O

#50 Wayne58, Jun 29, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Heard nothing but good things, am leaning towards RST me thinks...... :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  12. The Lord Commander Flashheart!! My hero!!

13. RST stuff is good value for money if it fits ok. Mine were good in a minor spill several years ago despite being baggy around the arse.

14. Tight ass.... c’mon, it’s not a ‘cool’ enough label....
    Next time you’re in a queue for fish and chips or whatever, listen out for stifled giggles from people looking at you in your RST garb....:neutral:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Yeah - join the cool kids...:cool:

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. I used to have furygan for ages which are great leathers, but then tried Dainese and they are a lot comfier and easy to move in. I tried Alpinestars which seemed to be very well put together but my overall my vote would be Dainese. There are all good though.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I can't take fashion advice from a geezer who wears chickadee leathers :yum

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Coolest leathers in the paddock mate. You should see me trying to fight all the chicks off with my shitty stick :kissing_heart:;)

19. I can imaging you fighting all the chickadees off with your white cane :yum

20. It seems all the ones you are looking at are recommended, so id go try them all and get the ones which fit your shape and pocket best!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information