1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternative 530 pitch rear sprockets for the MTS1200?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by AndyW, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Thanks, I'll give M&P a try. They do charge a bit more for those extra two links!

2. What link size do I need for the 42T? Sounds like a better deal...

3. I think you'll find the 108 link chain will fit the 42t sprocket. That's what Andy fitted.

4. Seeing later posts I know you're sorted now Ian but I'm catching up on my 'to do backlog' and for anyone else that might have problems sourcing the Supersprox sprockets:
    Supersprox contacts:
    Aneta Pasenova
    [email protected]
    .....very helpful.

New finishing and dispatching location:
    Lowicz Industrial & Logistic Services Sp. z o.o.
    (areal SYNTEX)
    ul. Powstancow 1863 r. nr 12
    99-400 Lowicz
    Poland

Production Steel/Aluminium
    Supersprox Ukraine LLC
    132 Korolyova Str.
    Zhytomyr, Ukraine

Trade location/Special Production
    Supersprox Inc.
    7095 Jurupa Ave., Unit 11
    Riverside, CA 92504
    USA

UA Cell 0038 067 411 4723
    PL Cell 0048 22 208 4557
    US Cell 001 317 640 2942

5. A very useful thread this, but I need to ask
    Does changing the gearing on the final drive alter the speedo readout and the gear indicator read out?
    I know when I altered my R1 gearing I had to get a speed healer so it read the right speed and the speed was calculated from the final output shaft on the gear box (aka the shaft the small sprocket goes on)
    and the gear indicator calculated what gear you were in by looking at your speed and engine revs.
    I'm not sure if Ducati use the same system for there readouts?

6. The rear wheel ABS sensor also provides data for the speedo / speedometer so the only thing that would change the accuracy would be a change in tyre and/or wheel diameter :)
    I believe the same data is used for the odometer. Note - Ducati have introduced an intentional +8% error in the speed shown on the Dash (to meet EU safety regulations i.e. any error in speed displayed errs on the safe side with displayed speed higher than actual speed [you'd think in these high tech times they could just produce super accurate speedo systems?].....although most manufacturers don't build in such a high margin),
    The odometer on the other hand is accurate.

7. As you say it is down to the regulations which state that speedometers can be up to 10% fast but may not read slow. So manufacturers usually set them to the middle of this range but Ducati's 8% does seem excessive.

8. 8% ? Or is that how the calculation From KPH to MPH makes it ? (No idea why the image is entering twice)

[​IMG]

#71 Psy69, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2014
  9. No you'll find that the same error applies whether the readout is kmph or mph. What year bike have you got?.....interesting that the figure now reads 5% - for 2010-2012 bikes it was definitely 8% and demonstrated nicely somewhere here recently (by Kirky I think) with a GPS screenshot showing 137mph.....Dash showed 150 (8% difference) [in Germany apparently;-]

I remember a comment on ducati.ms some time back where someone posted up that one of the Ducati ECU updates changed the level of the built in error but never saw this confirmed in any way.......anyone know more?

I fixed that for you (images from a URL......watch out for the check box below the url entry;-)

10. Its a 2013 ABS and taken from the electronic manual, but its the same in my hard copy I got with the bike also.

Thanks for fixing the picture :)

11. This explains why my satnav keep saying I'm going slower than my speedo, I was thinking of taking it back to the dealers to have them check it, just one question then.
    If it's knocking your speed down by 8% is this before of after it logs the mileage, if it's before then your bike is doing 8% more miles than it's read out?

12. Only the speedo deliberately reads fast. the odometer is accurate.

13. Wot he said :D ..........odometer is in fact very accurate.

For reference....

• Like Like x 1
  14. #77 pumpman, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2014
  15. Woooo, finally getting round to my little service this weekend. Hopefully, including chain. I'm going for the 42 tooth supersprox rear, OEM front and DID chain... But how many links? 108 links?

Going for this chain(part# 3012648): DID 530ZVM-X Superstreet Gold/Gold 'X' Ring Chain

16. Warning

Yes 108 link (the OE length) is perfect.

Re chain breaking / setting the 'rivets' when fitting the new chain......take great care and use a decent chain breaker/riveter - see here:
    http://ducatiforum.co.uk/f6/so-let-me-get-right-19209/

Tip: chain 'breaking'.....with heavier duty chains it's best to take the top off the existing 2 rivet heads where you're going to make the brake with an angle grinder.....makes the job a lot easier at least and sometimes impossible to break the chain without doing this.
    Obviously take great care with the angle grinder!!!!!.......take care to protect swingarm etc ;-)

New chain - get that link too tight and you'll have a tightspot 'kink' in the chain and it will wear fast.....get it too loose and it will also wear fast and worse still link could split!! If in doubt get a local bike workshop to make the link good (you can make a temporary fix for the chain with a spring clip type split link so you can ride the bike a short distance to the workshop.....gently!)

#79 AndyW, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
Do Not Sell My Personal Information