1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternative Hanger Bracket

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by GBV2, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Thanks Sev

I'm holding out for at least one last ride on it this year before stripping it down to work on it.
    So just need a spot of good weather at a convenient time really.

Nasher.

2. That's the ticket right there Nasher, a damn fine job you've done!

Yeah, the fit of those 'DP' brackets wouldn't be the best of fit on my 900 either. I have a set of those Italian ebay SS headers and I've never been 100% happy with how the DP cans hung in them, mainly due to the near vertical nature of that bracket.
    Something with a bit more offset might just be what I need and I wonder could I chop that bracket and use it for the can bracket :thinkingface:

Actually starting to think I'm glad that fu*ker has cracked again :laughing:

3. At least you can see why I used 4mm stainless steel.....!

Also very handy when they were fitted and didn't quite sit right was the fact that I could shove a 25mm long bar down the inside of each can and apply quite some force to bend the hangers outwards by say 9mm without breaking the hangers.

4. GBV2,
    If you want a design modelled up I don't mind doing that for you. If you have some dimensions or need a .dxf file for the lazer guy no problem.

Cheers Gaz

5. Gaz.....I have mine on .dxf files if that is useful.....but I suspect they will need modifying to suit the OP's requirements.

6. GBV2 & Al

I can change the model to various offsets and distances, then produce a drg to show where and how to bend, and .dxf to get profiled all I need are some dimensions.

[​IMG]

Not sure what to do about the bosses if you want this style.

Cheers Gaz

Do Not Sell My Personal Information