1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternatives to the Genuine Ducati Parts!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Rob, Mar 21, 2012.

1. A most enlightening and interesting post. I’ve had problems with my 1299 clutch since new and I concur that the problem is with the master cylinder. 2 master cylinders & now 4 slaves, new copper washers and bleed nipped all round. NO fluid leak!!! Still have to fecking bleed every 100 miles.
    So, I’m going to order a kit and see what happens.

2. Would this fix work on the brake master cylinder? My front break lever is getting softer. Pads all good, bled system and still feels soft?
    ?

3. Don’t know tbh, you’d have to pull the brake master cylinder apart and find out what bore size it is and then go look for the equivalent KTM seal kit which just takes a bit of time and “detective “ work
    You would know for sure if you had a pin hole through the seal on the brake side, just hold the brake on, …does it loose pressure and the lever come right back to the bar?
    Probably not I would suspect, it’s probably some air still trapped in the system, a lot trickier to bleed are abs brake systems...

4. When I was looking for a Brembo part for a Ducati but from KTM, I looked for the equivalent master cylinder and then got a part for that, rather than hunting through parts looking for one that matches.
    Maybe I was just lucky but I found that route to be quick and simple and all done online.

5. Very interesting link aero, don’t know if any UK bikes have had this recall, perhaps ours were all fitted with aluminium pistons originally.

What still amazes me is that piston seal repair kits obviously exist, but they won’t sell them in the UK, they try and force you to pay out £240 , when a fiver seal is all you need?

The other thing that amazes me from that link is the mark-up on the same parts for the Mexican market

USA. 15 dollars ( roughly)
    Canada. 19 dollars
    Mexico. 300 dollars....wtf?????

Certainly makes you think about Ducati’s spare parts strategy!

6. Yeah, but the KTM parts microfiche that I’ve seen don’t tend to give you the bore size, if you’re looking for a brake piston seal set for your 1299, aero’s post gave some Ducati seal part numbers, for a 16mm bore they quote a seal kit part number
    61041881A

Try ordering that from your local Ducati dealer and I bet they will say they can’t get it, you’ll have to order a complete master cylinder.
    Good luck, let us know how you get on.

7. such a simple idea to make life easier, wel done

8. Can’t help thinking some enterprising KTM dealer should invest a little time in cross-referencing some seal kits and other commonly used parts

9. Does anyone know where I can get some ignition pickup coils for my 750ss motor (Cagiva E750) in the UK? I see that Electrex sell them, but they seem expensive to me.

Thanks

Update:
    Ignitech sell pickups for 15 Euro, shipping to the UK 10 Euro
    http://www.ignitech.cz/en/

#71 cancunia, Aug 8, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  10. The picture below shows the rotary oil seal used on many Ducati gearchange shaft, it's installed in the crankcase "side capping casting".
    however, there is nothing that special about the seal apart from ensuring good quality and NBR material as a minimum, and can be found for around £3 (21/09/2020) or less from many seal stockists.

I just found some for £1.20 each at:- https://www.bearing-king.co.uk/products.php so have ordered 10 which should see me out.

Dimension Ref:- 15 x 24 x 6 (mm).

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  11. MAP sensor for my 2018 939Hyper, Ducati part 55242761A is a Bosch part 0 261 230 268 at about 30% of the Duc price!

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Following this with interest for my 1992 750ss project

13. Anyone got any idea what the standard size for the ST4 sidepanel (seat fairing) support screw is? It is part number 770.5.619.2B but there surely must be some kind of standard bolt??

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Thanks for that.

15. I have similar symptoms on my Multi 1200DVT. Wonder if this kit will fit my clutch master cylinder.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information