1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aluminium Air Filter Frame - 900ss

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by CLottyboo, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Looking for a lead on where I can source an alloy air filter retaining frame for a 900ss.

This part replaces the airbox lid and clamps the circumference of the filter (I have a K&N) to the airbox lower, using the original spring clips and pins.

Are these still available somewhere or has any body got one to sell. I did search the forum and the net but only found one second hand one in the states with "significant" postage costs.

Thanks for any info/leads.

2. I think most people fabricate themselves but could be wrong. I've got a 900ss ie and have a K&N filter, all i did was take off the rubber trumpets and drilled four 20mm holes on the top of the cover(Don't want to suck in rain) and it works fine and had my ECU remapped.

#2 WAYNE, Aug 10, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  3. I believe Ducati Performance used to them along with a K&N type filter. They seem to have sold well in the US of A judging from breakers bits on t’interweb.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I have an ST2 lid you could cut up, its higher than the SS but the base is the same. £25 inc postage

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I just bought a complete top and chopped the surround off- its all the ducati performance one was.

one day I’ll make a pattern, take a mould and make a carbon one.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Make two lol ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Made one myself for my M900 from square section ali bar, and milled out some slots for the clamps.

i might think about making some more, but have a couple of weeks of fitting a new kitchen for Lady Nasher before I could think about it.

P6240009.JPG

P6240008.JPG

Nasher

• Like Like x 4
  8. Nice job that! :upyeah:
    Certainly looks a lot more respectable than my hacked up plastic lid o_O

Do Not Sell My Personal Information