1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Aluminium Luggage

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Captain, Jun 28, 2022.

1. How are you finding those tyres? Dunlop Roadsmarts?

2. So far so good , a nice set , grip well on back roads and feel planted , not had chance in the rain yet but overall seem very good , seem to have lost the older Dunlop Touring tyre vagueness. This set is a tester for the Spain trip in August so mileage wise at the current 700 they should last the 2000 , finger crossed.
    Did have a set of the Mutants , again great but they will not last as after 2 ride outs they were showing big signs of tearup , which , on the Spanish abrasive and hot roads would lead to a grippy but squirmy low miles set similar to the PR5 set I had on the Gs in the same situation , great grip awful milage , and finished my fun tour 2 days early and around 600 miles short.

3. I've done over 2000 miles on the Scorpions and they see to show little wear. I'm pretty sure I will get the same again from them. The rear is a bit of an odd shape though from new.

4. Nice, I like them. There seems to be a bolt missing on the black part that locks in behind the passengers foot peg.

5. Thanks , the bolts used are only some I had in the garage as did a dry build first , will rebuild them now with the originals with the factory thread lock on as wanted to check all fitted first as a new system, thanks for noticing tho.

6. 4000 + miles to a set is a dream for me Im afraid.

7. Please don't become one of those who carry the boxes when they are empty.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Never do , only when two up on a Euro Trip then they are full....

• Love You Love You x 1
  9. I do! Proper big ones. Industrial metal mules and a 58 litre 2 helmet top box.
    So there. I look just like a handsome Ewan on his round the world steed!:D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Sacrelidge. Like putting a roof rack on a Ferrari.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Never thought of that! Industrial chic. You guys are so yesterday in your appreciation of cool. Land Rover 190 with a rear spoiler. Next on the to do list.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. That would look mega!

[​IMG]

Pic of my 911 for you from 2016... ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. [​IMG]

Yours is the first V4 Multi that's made me think "hmmmm, that's nice". The panniers look like Givi do you think? Based on the rails that fit the previous Multi:

[​IMG]

14. Please stop......my eyes are hurting. :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Big boxes mean long tours... I love 'em.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I think your correct there both with the looks and the frames , maybe some just dont get the pratical side of seamless travel with the wife .

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Happy wife, happy life.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. I’m still waiting, they have been in order since September, delivery has been suggested as April, then June.

19. You can’t beat huge metal
    Boxes on a Multi :D
    My set up 2 up touring after discovering that we couldn’t manage a weekend with the std ones
    I can’t see the boxes when riding so do t care what it looks like and as it allows me to visit places and leave lid/jacket inside them they’ll do for me lad :upyeah:

67ECBA2B-5365-4086-94E8-864027044870.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. The news and photos of this thread prompted me to chase mine up, the panniers have now left Italy the top case is a few weeks away and the red side panels are in, so hopefully by the end of July I will eventually have the bike I ordered.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information