1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Being Unreasonable ?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Desmoboy, Sep 7, 2018.

1. I recently went to buy a used Ducati from a recognised dealer. One of the pictures in the E-BAY advert was a close up of the seat. I guess to emphasise that it was an aftermarket Sargent seat and this formed part of my buying choice to buy that bike.
    Upon collection 2 weeks later a standard seat was on the bike, i had questioned it but was told that under no circumstances had there been anything else on the bike.
    When i pointed out that i had a photo to indicate otherwise the story changed to something along the lines of " the seller took it back and its not part of the deal today" I had paid a large deposit by this time.

I did buy the bike anyway, leaving the question of availability of what i thought should have been part of the deal to be resolved in due course. Of course this conversation has not gone my way.

So...
    Am i being unreasonable in expecting said seat to be supplied.
    keith

2. No you are not! Go get em!!! :mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. You've not got what you have bought.
    I would take this further... If it's not too late.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. 100% not as advertised. Salesman at the dealer has probably had it away for their own bike

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. You’ve probably slim to zero chance of getting the seat, however, I’d be pushing for the cost of a new one to be removed from the overall sale.
    Good luck

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. You are being totally reasonable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Clearly you have been lied to but sadly it’s prob too late :mad:

8. You will have the previous owners details on the log book - check with them - it is very unlikely they took the seat back after selling it and the dealer advertising it. Think they have dug a hole for themselves here :)

Oh, and who was it :eyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. No, you are being reasonable. I’d have kicked up a fuss in the shop, they don’t like that. Taking the bike away weakens your hand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I dont want to name them yet. But if the concensus continues to go along in this vein then i will feel justified in doing so.
    Therefore more honest opinions please

11. Won’t have the previous owners details anymore - the new V5 has had it removed as part of GDPR - only got told that today :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. The dealership has either made an "accidental mistake" by misrepresenting the bike with a seat that was part of your purchase decision, or they are taking advantage of you (by ripping you off) because you paid for that bike with that seat. Either way its easy for them to rectify the problem.

They should supply the seat or come to an agreed settlement with you. Its totally unreasonable of them to behave in this way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. You are being too reasonable!
    On any e-selling deal the pictures form a significant part of the description. Unless it specifically said in the words that the seat shown was not included in the sale and would be replaced with a standard one, they owe you the seat that was in the pics.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Have you checked their feedback to see if they sold it/are selling it separately?

15. Hi NOOBIE
    No i haven't but i will now.

16. Didn't you take your phone out and get a photo of the old V5? Why not?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. You might be making an assumption that i have a phone that takes pictures.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Take a photo of your phone so we can see.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. If the seat was mentioned in the advert, then they have zero leg to stand on but if it wasn't you might find it hard to fight it. That said, i think its fair to expect something in recompense.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information