1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Being Unreasonable ?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Desmoboy, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Post a link to the ad...

2. A picture used by the seller is part of the description. If they used a picture in error (or to be deliberately to be misleading) the responsibility to provide 100% what is described remains with the seller.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hi, Send me the details via email when you get time and I'll take a look at it for you. BR.Pail

4. I dont want to do that just yet, the Ad would identify the dealership. I am trying very hard to be as fair to them as possible, but i think i gave them every chance to do the honourable thing. In my mind they have not, yet.
    Time will tell but i haven't much of an idea that they will.

5. Don't name and shame - it won't help you in court.

6. Talk to the Dealer Principal, not the sales staff, their motivation is different, give them a chance to right the wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1

7. Try speaking with these guys, Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 03454 04 05 06. I had an issue with a supplier who were not motorbike related but their advise helped me get my money back. They can also get Trading Standards involved where required.

8. How was the deposit paid? PayPal? Raise an eBay dispute. Even if the pics are no longer publicly available, they should have them archived and be able to make a judgement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. This is a good question. If you paid part of the cost by credit card over (£100 ) then the card company is joint and severally liable for the goods. Have chat with the credit card company and make a claim against them. I think the choice of remedy is (1) refund (2) re negotiate the price or (3) they can correct the fault.

Good luck
    TB

10. I paid a deposit in the dealership when i went to look at the bike, E-bay has nothing to do with the deal other than alerting me that a bike was available.
    I dont need to worry about Ebay archive , i have the old Ad, with pictures and its quite clear what seat is highlighted.

11. You don't loose anything by complaining to the management of the dealership, an indispensable ombudsman or small claims court other than a little free time and possibly £50 (court fees if you decide to).

You don't ask you don't get!

12. #Collect paid deposit and walkaway from the deal:thinkingface:

13. Did it have the seat fitted when you went there? If not, did you ask where it was?

14. No, and yes. And was lied to, twice.

15. Have they sorted it yet?

16. Are we there yet?

17. Don't worry i'll be hqdefault.jpg
    sending over my two uncles to Help out;)

18. Be glad they left the engine on the bike. Seat, seat, we don't need no stinking seat!

19. You have been way too "fair" to the dealership already. This is a dishonest ploy and should not be tolerated.

20. With thanks to PaulPhilips i dont believe i will be taking any legal action over this one. I wanted to get a sample of forum responses to gauge whether my uneasy feeling of being rolled over was unique to me or not. I think we have answered that question.
    I did not want to name the dealership if i was a lone voice in the wilderness, dont think that would be fair.Some of you might have already figured out who they are.
    I will contact them one last time and see how that conversation goes.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information