1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Sitting Down The Wrong Way?

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by WheeliesToForgetFeelies, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Hi fellas.

I've got a '11 HM796. I've noticed that if I push down on the foot pegs, so that the weight is taken off the seat a tiny bit, but without actually lifting my ass up, the bike behaves SOOO much better.

Why is that? I turn, acelerate and brake more confidently. It's just pulling on the quad muscles a tad bit and makes a world of difference. On straight sections of the road I relax and let the seat take all my weight. If I don't push down on the pegs during turns or braking the bike just feels weird.

I also feel like I'm less affected by this bikes ridiculous suspension travel when I push on the pegs

2. 2 things .. You’re moving weight forward slightly , and using your core which leads to a lighter touch on the bars.. both good practice

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. I was paying attention to this earlier. My grip on the bars remains the same, and I'm not leaning any further or moving my center of mass. I thought that maybe I was squeezing the tank tighter but I wasn't.

If you sit down on a chair and push with your feet down on the ground, you'll feel your leg muscles engage, but you won't move. See what I mean?

Is this all just in my head?

4. It's not in your head! it's the way many of us rode old BSA's Triumphs etc to change direction quicker, it seems to come more naturally with a riding position like the Hyper too.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information