1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon Prime Scam

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Just had a fake email about my Amazon Prime subscription. I don't have Amazon Prime but they have 'signed' me up a few times in the past. I think that this is when I have ordered something and haven't noticed that you are signing up to Prime as well.

In my rage at Amazon, I 'logged in' before realising that it was fake.

Dunno whether scammers are using Christmas as a distraction to get Amazon passwords.

2. What did it look like? And what was the address that it came from and took you to when you clicked? I assume you changed your password and stuff now?

• Love You Love You x 1
  3. This of course, is the part where I exude indifference & rage about not reporting said 'orrible email back at the real amazon company. To help stop more well meaning customers from the con.

[email protected]

4. Just had one from Apple today and reported it - but I guess they have thousands of emails and keep creating the scams so probably a useless task reporting :thinkingface:

5. Oh I see what you did there,.. No! You are helping reduce the number of illegally created subterfuge address & therein there means to spread disharmony.

6. upload_2018-12-24_22-49-10.png

7. @amzn.co.uk is spelt a lil wrong :eyes:

8. Nope.... that's how fin spells quite a few words...

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Yeah I saw that too.

• Love You Love You x 1
  10. Some don’t feel a need for shared responsibility matey.

11. amzn.co.uk is genuine, I think,

The link is not:
    upload_2018-12-25_1-37-49.png

12. Always look at the full URL of any links in the email before you commit to a click. I for one always look first at the originators email address as 99.9% of the time it's a fake. I normally cut and paste it into a dead end gmail account I created and send them a reply to tell them where to get off, assuming I can be bothered. If you haven't solicited any personal information by way of an official/geniune form online then it's safe to assume the content of such emails is bullsh*t.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information