1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An Englishman In France

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Nick Smith, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Greetings! Nice part of France - easy to get up to Andorra for an occasional slide on the white stuff! Or down to the Spanish coast for sunshine & sand.

2. Bienvenue Nick. :) :upyeah:

3. Welcome to the Ducati forum great intro enjoy our forum

4. Welcome and enjoy

5. Welcome Nick. I'm doing the Pyrenees in June and see my route takes me within 40km of Foix. The lure of a cup of Yorkshire tea whilst abroad may be too hard to resist!!:) Trev

6. Welcome. Nice place to live. Good plan.

It’s done nothing but piss with rain in Uk for God knows how long.

7. Now then.
    Just up the road from you, near Brive. Great location you are in for roads and Spain for cheap(er) bike trips. Passed near to you last year on our Pyrenees trip.
    Heading Alps direction this year. So difficult living here. :upyeah:

8. The last 2 weeks I've been working in La Seu d'Urgell, on the Spanish side of the Pyrenees. A great town to head to if you're planning a bike trip. The N260 between here and Sort is a particular favourite of mine..
    As for the English weather :( check out the forecast here!! Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 08.24.22.png

• Like Like x 1
  9. Welcome Nick, spent several years around Carcassonne and Lagrasse, even took part in the medieval festival in Foix once. Ride outs to Andora and Barcelona, the Med just an hour or so away. Pyrénées, Montagne Noir......... even though my motorcycle was stolen in the walled town of Carcassonne in 1986 I will be heading back there quite soon. House hunting this summer - Bonne Route!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hi Nick,

I'll be at wheel and waves in September on my 900SL (Biarritz) if you are there? Maybe Bob would be interested for a meet-up...we can start a ducatisti FR chapter!

Cheers
    Grant

11. I will be riding down to the Pyrenees early September, should be down there on the 9th so get the kettle on, milk no sugar. Ta

BTW, welcome

12. Can’t make it any earlier, we leave here on the 8thand travel back on the 13th

Do Not Sell My Personal Information