1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 An Honest Review From A Sceptic

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Advikaz, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Why? I can’t understand why people get agitated over what others wear when riding a motorcycle. I don’t give a monkeys.
    In fact I’m off out for a blast now. Now... where did I put me Speedo’s??

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. You would think that when they have to pay for their own healthcare, that they would use a bit more sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Because someone else has to pick up the pieces when it all goes Pete Tong.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dukey talking sense :eek: well done dude :cool::upyeah:

5. I must admit there is nothing better on a baking hot day day riding in jeans and t shirt , yes I have done it once or twice but definitely do not make a habit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Are you sure?

91F21C70-A860-4E70-949D-8D87C8151BB2.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. how do the dunlops compare for price grip & durability to the prelli sc1 & 2

8. If someone wants to wear jeans, trainers and a t-shirt on a bike when its red hot, then fine. Personally I think its the dumbest thing you can do. But personal choice and personal responsibility and all that. Besides, I have a Leatt Coolit top which works a treat.

Says me who would often bomb around on a scoot in ripped up jeans, canvas deck shoes t-shirt and no gloves etc when I were a nipper.

You makes your choices and takes your chances. Its all part of learning. Nowadays Im full leathers and armour, even in 34°C +. Accidents happen and the point of them is that they happen when you least expect them.

If I wore shorts on my old 1198, the 70's wouldve burnt a hole in my thigh. The 1299 would grill my testes. The leather gives my important bits some protection. The 1299 acts like some kind of thermal vasectomy Im sure. Maybe I should have a wank and see if I get boiling sex wee as a result? Like shooting napalm.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Thing is there is plenty of decent gear now that is suitable to wear in hot conditions and will still give the rider a good degree of protection.

If those three dudes want to ride around like dicks and wear zero protection then yes, its is their choice, but it doesn't stop me calling them stupid eejits for doing so.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. What would stop you?

Asking for a friend.

11. I’m guessing wearing some protective gear.... I’m not sure how this is a question.

It’s a bit like being labeled and idiot for not wearing a seatbelt and asking what it would take :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Have you met dookie? He is a juggernaut, unstoppable.

Wait. Motorbikes have seat belts now?

It's H&S gone mad, I tell you!

13. The Dunlop’s are expensive but worth every penny IMO. I’m certain they’ve saved me from a couple of offs after cack handed corner entry and exit... I really deserved to have crashed but the ridiculous grip levels on the edge of the tyre saved me..... aaaand Predator laugh- hahahahahahahaahhahaahaahahah etc...

14. Bike jeans are supposedly pretty good now. Lightweight perforated jackets and gloves and good too.

15. It's easy for people from our latitude in the world to have a spaz out when seeing people without proper safety gear as it's so easy to drop a bike in our cold temps part of the world. If you live in a place thats almost always warm and grippy then it's much less likely the average person will drop the bike and especially if they are just going out for a coffee. Guys who are going hard and fast still wear leathers like we do. Panigales are not much fun in shorts but I'd happily pop out for a coffee on something like a Monster wearing only a helmet, gloves and normal clothes.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1

17. This looks mildly impossible. The height!!!

18. When I'm bouncing (bar hopping) on the Diavel I'll wear low boots and riding jeans, summer jacket, helmet and gloves. Shorts and the exhaust header don't go together. The HD jeans and t-shirt brigade is everywhere over here.
    Hopefully the weather starts to get better over there.

19. Any word on when the speciale is showing up in England? Cant get a solid answer over here.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information