1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 An Honest Review From A Sceptic

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Advikaz, Feb 24, 2018.

1. I got heat stroke riding through France once wearing leathers. Sick as a pig!

I would always wear leathers but honestly most other countries don’t bother like we do. It’s simply too hot to wrap yourself in cow and boil in a bag all day.

2. Arguably, it's more dangerous to ride in full-on leathers in 32C -plus temperatures than it is in jeans and a light jacket. If heat exhaustion strikes, you are very likely going to crash unless you spot it in time or unless you're a super-fit racer who is used to such conditions.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Not got a solid date for mine, was told mid April originally, but Ducati are now saying May delivery

4. I was told mid April over here but who knows, if I hear anything I'll let you guys know.

• Like Like x 1
  5. wow he is some boy

6. getting my v4 Friday if I can get it insured ,gone on all the go campare sites etc & no one will insure me, anyone got insured with anyone apart from ducatis own company

7. I read the underwriter’s data bases weren’t loaded with the V4 specs yet which is causing a bit of a snag for now.
    I won’t be running mine on the road. I’d imagine it’s far too nuts for the road!

8. I wondered about his sump configuration. His motor won’t last minutes if he does that regularly...

9. https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.s...MI_r7WkP_82QIV7ZTtCh1Jlg-6EAQYASABEgI7pvD_BwE

These work. Ive ridden in the south of france in >34°C and these kept me cool and my fatigue at bay.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. how u going to run it in if u don't put it on the road, mine will be used 99% on the track once its run in & had its first service

11. Did Brno last summer. Christ, that was hot! 34degC ambient and 59degC track temp.
    Soggy leathers all round- lovleh!

12. Dyno.

13. Porimao was much the same.......You NEED perforated kit!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Far from it. It’s actually a really easy bike for the road mate.

15. Cool. Not the best place to lean on the electronics though I wouldn’t have thought. That’s what I meant to say.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Watching one of the italian reviews on youtube, they reckoned the V4 works even better on slicks on track as it has so much more grip to give.

• Like Like x 2
  17. No offence in the slightest meant mate, but that’s kind of obvious ? All bikes are better on slicks on track...

18. It reads better in the context of the video. I will see if i can find it. They did say though they reckon the V4 would benefit from slicks more than most superbikes.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Oops meant to quote post 206.

Not insured yet as I don’t yet have the bike but I got quotes from MCE and LV today. LV was a liitle more difficult as initially they said they don’t have that bike on their list (V4 Panigale) but after two long conversations with somebody else off line he came back with ‘the nearest they had was a V4Pani Gale (as in strong wind) .

Price was similar to my previous R1.

You could try there only difference is I am old (it does have benefits).

OldBadger

20. t
    thanks mate & I am also old lol I found that no one on line wud give me a quote not even ducati, so I ended up foning up a few with great success & ending up with LV & only a bit more then my bmw s1000rr that I had with them last year, I was beginning the think I was not going to be able to get the bike but now I am insured & pick it up tomorow

Do Not Sell My Personal Information