1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 An Honest Review From A Sceptic

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Advikaz, Feb 24, 2018.

1. That’s great, enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well I picked mine up today, it was wet and sloppy so didmt push it that hard but this bike feels like it handles great,’the front feels so planted, sadly I’m running it in at the moment so I can’t comment on the power.
    I also hate Ducati mirrors, I broke one brushing past my fence when going to put my bike in the garage and it snapped.

#223 ibb1, Mar 24, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  4. Don’t blame the mirrors... you rode into a fence!

• Funny Funny x 5
  5. The mirrors are a pain because the entire structure is fixed. Best mirrors ever we’re on the 1998 Yamaha R1. The mirror adjusted at the top of the mirror shaft, but the shaft itself was hinged at the base with two detent points. So you could fold the mirrors flat to the fairing for manoeuvres and then click them back to their original positions. Adjustment of the mirror was not affected so it was a brilliant system for when I was commuting into London and would have to squeeze between stationary buses.

If someone made a conversion to that system for the V4 I would have their hand off. Right now I have to squeeze the bike through a doorway where it’s parked and I have to approach at 45 degrees and then hook each mirror round the doorframe by banking over. Huge potential for a comedy moment.

6. My old 899 had mirrors like that. I think Ducati upgraded the 1299 & 959 to shit mirrors..

7. It does seem a bad design really, I’m going to get another one ordered and just be very careful I have to push it through a narrow gate/walkway too and it’s a right pain.

To be fair you can’t even give me that much credit, I pushed it into a fence!.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Poor obs

9. got mine yesterday i didn't realize the mirrors didn't fold in which is not gud as I am going to do mainly track days , but I am pleased about the front mudguard being red unlike the one on the s model

if the weather is gud tomorrow I am going to take it to cadwell as they r having a track day so I can have it noise tested so I no which tracks it wil pas the static tests on apart from the 2 I have booked at Silverstone & Donny on their ducati only days may & july

#229 COOL-HAND-AL, Mar 25, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2018
  10. Interested to hear how you find it on track, I'm guessing you're not going to be sticking to below 7k RPM :D.

11. They’re hot pressures, I ran 17psi rear hot a few years ago, they’re temperamental to pressure so check after every session and adjust accordingly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. They’re hot pressures, I ran 17psi rear hot a few years ago, they’re temperamental to pressure so check after every session and adjust accordingly.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. The Dunlop KR are the best tyres out there IMO as long as it's warm and you don't have pressure/temp worries as they are quite particular. I've not run them as low as you do but I can imagine it working well as they have a great carcass. I used Metzeller M7RR road/track tyres racing this weekend as it's too cold for slicks IMO and there were plenty of crashes every time it got wet. Tony Rutter did a 125mph lap of the IOM TT course recently on M7RR without warmers set at 35/32 road pressures so I think they'll be ok for me :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Tony Rutter, never realised that he's riding again! Or did you mean Michael?

#234 doogalman, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  15. took my v4 to cadwell today to get a noise reading so I no which tracks it wil pas ,it red 103 static

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. 103 at idle, or at some designated RPM? (6k?) When I fired mine up for the first time, I thought "Wow, this is LOUD for a stock bike."

17. yes they r loud but great sound for a stock bike , 103db was at 5000rpm

18. This is getting there. :upyeah:

29063880_10155717863849531_5586516891365680040_o.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Yeah that’s nice!

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information