1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 An Honest Review From A Sceptic

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Advikaz, Feb 24, 2018.

1. At a quick glance , hides some of the awkward lines & acres of plastic, makes it look more like the 1299.

Nice.

2. Looks like an Aprilia paint job :p

3. went out for the first time today on my standard v4. got it from dmc preston delivered, asked them to soften the suspension a little and its FAB.
    The engine rumbles along but is smoother as it would be than the 1299. I'm running it in but the torque does not seem as much as 1299 with akras but theres not much in it on lower revs.Its sublime through traffic at low speeds which was the gripe of the twin. its planted and you still feel like your riding something special , so ducati I think have done well. the looks I think are great its less busy . my 15 year old son thinks it looks better than the 1299 my wife thinks it looks worse ( only a bit) so there you go, cant please everyone.
    the ergonomics are great , a first ride from last year ache on the wrist bearing in mind my fingers were freezing is a norm and the windshield is great for me at 5ft 12 the wind blast was near non existant.
    quickshift up is similar to the 1299 but found the downshift blip better .
    I cant wait to go out on a warmer day and get through the running in.
    A BIG THUMBS UP FROM ME.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Has anyone else who’s got one found it sometimes starts idling low and cuts out, mine has done this a couple of times.
    It did it today waiting at traffic lights in 1st with the clutch in, the clutch on mine does feel a bit snatchy too.
    Anyone else thought the same?.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. The demo I rode had a snatchy clutch with a biting point somewhere near the front mudguard

6. Sounds like mine!, I’ve adjusted it in the lever which has made it feel a bit better, but it’s still very snatchy feeling compared to the Aprilia clutch.

7. got mine a week ago & dun 300miles on it had no problems apart from a nail in the tyre which I have repaired so I can get some miles running it in till I get my new tyre which I have ordered ,got my brother to make me a tidy tail looks great & going to get it painted once I have had its first service

8. compared to the clutch on my 1299 its much better, a bit wooly but can make it better with a few tweeks of lever adjustment i reckon.ive put my carbon AEM levers off my 1299 onto my v4.Tick over is low but no stalling first time out at mo.

9. Hi there.

Hope you don't mind a Kraut entering this threat.
    Actually it is not a paintjob, but "just" a sticker-set from 4moto.de which costs EUR 299,-. Actually a very good one (and no - I am not linked to this company) which is firm, but not too sticky so in case you want to remove it later the clear coating from the OEM paint does not come off. My dealer reserved the V4s for me, which next to this exact sticker set comes with black footrests and black painted exhaust cover.

Like others I think the Speciale looks so much better than the OEM V4/V4s, so I think the sticker set is a good way to "copy" that.

My test ride on the V4s is tomorrow with announced 20 degrees. :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Regarding OEM tire pressure: the manual says 2.3/2.1 bar (33/30psi). May somebody confirm this the pressure rate they are riding, please?
    Just wondering cause OEM tire pressure on my HP4 Competition is 2,5/2,9bar...

11. I didn’t say it was a paint job, I said it looks like an Aprilia paint job - albeit Aprilia have a number of stickers and paint. I really like the RSV4 so it was not negative comment, just ironic that the Ducati V4 now looks the Aprilia o_O

12. I didn’t say it was a paint job, I said it looks like an Aprilia paint job - albeit Aprilia have a number of stickers and paint. I really like the RSV4 so it was not negative comment, just ironic that the Ducati V4 now looks the Aprilia o_O

13. My bad - pardon.

14. Looks great in black!!

15. Yep, that’s mine for the road riding.

16. Thanks for the feedback.
    Will pick mine up this Friday. :)

Regarding Susupension settings and as I think the 95Nm spring is too harsh for my weight (82kilo dry):
    may I ask what you weigh and if you chose to use dynamic or fixed suspension and whch settings for backroads.

TIA

17. The OP is probably the best write up that reflects my thoughts and feelings almost exactly.

It was a while ago, but a 3rd party made an Audi concept before the V4 was even seen and Audi were buying Ducati. I cannot help but feel this was definitely the right direction and not what has been delivered. Personally I would of liked to have seen a departure from the Panigale format altogether.

Re-post for those who haven't seen it:

audi-supersport-10r_55012_sbig.jpg

10R 2.jpg

Audi Supersport 10R Concept 3.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  18. My S1000RR has the same recommendations in the manual. I have no idea why BMW say that when they are so accurate with everything else they do as it's literally dangerously high pressure. If someone set 2.9 bar / 42 psi cold in the rear tyre and then rode pretty hard it would probably go up to 45-50psi once the tyres got hot which is going to cause a crash for sure. I run my BMW on around 33/30psi / 2.3/2.1 HOT as I am mostly fast riding, if I was commuting or travelling I would go a bit higher on the rear to maybe 33-35 but no more.

19. Stephan,

If I could speak German to the extent to which you can communicate in English I would be well pleased. No apology at all required from me!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information