1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 An Honest Review From A Sceptic

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Advikaz, Feb 24, 2018.

1. I don’t know why I did it but it just happened.
    I gained a bmws1000rr today. 18 plate.
    Bloke
    Owed me 13 k so
    I took
    His bike as he was never going to pay me.
    I will ride it when I get chance but at least now I have something to compare the new v4 to. That is if my local Ducati dealer ever bothers to get back to me about test ride. Piss poor.
    Still prefer red bikes though

2. Is there finance on it?

3. That’s the first thing I checked.
    It’s clear. Do you reckon bmw rides better than the v4?

4. I had the s1000rr last year great bike & did a lot ov track days on it, sold it & got a v4 this year which I am now selling after great fun on it & also dun track days on it also a great bike & much faster then the bmw

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. How long do you get the demo test ride for a day a weekend or just a few hours ?

6. Maybe I'm weird or just plain wrong. But I've never ever taken out a demo bike or car. I've always made up my mind and just bought the fucker. I've always relied on my judgement based on reviews, road/track tests and feedback from mates. So far so good, never regretted anything I've bought so far.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Av always been the same this would be a first for me to take a demo bike out but am in to minds wether to stick with my 1299s or go for the v4s

8. 1299s, to many problems with the v4 from what I can see.

9. 1 key factor is the recalls and how reliable it is my bike yesterday morning and then in the afternoon stripped ready for sale soon or trade in loads of goodys for sale tho

20190527_155800.jpg

20190721_163733.jpg

20190721_220137.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  10. The first year is all about the teething process.
    index.jpg

11. Not the Gen 3. I'm racing mine this year and it's an extremely good bike and very very fast but it's definitely last generation in comparison to a V4.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Need to get my glasses keep thinking the is a thread written by an American :bucktooth:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. i regretted buying a rsv4rr at the beginning of the year after selling my base v4 last year.
    after riding a great but boring rsv4 I decided to go back to Ducati for a year old v4s as I cant see another bike out there that compares to the experience.
    The v4s is much better than the base v4 with the active suspension on the road. my wife says I have not moaned once yet riding the v4s . im afraid I am a Ducati rider from now on .
    whats the saying better to have lost in love than not to have loved at all, well im back in love with the V4S for sure.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Thanks for that.

And that's my point. By researching other peoples experiences via forums helps me cut to the chase.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information