1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 An Honest Review From A Sceptic

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Advikaz, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Nice, interesting, balanced review. Even if i had the money im not sure if id want one but a go on one would be nice to experience "current top end superbike ownership". I think though most, if not all video's on the net dont really do, engine noise the justice it deserves most of the time.....i remember seeing a you tube vid a few years back (wish i could find it) of a lad in the states who took some footage of his Streetfighter 1100 but, said, pretty well what ive always thought and, he had, a shit load of recording gear and also did quite a bit of post processing....thats probably one of the rare vids that i could honestly say...Yeah, thats how they sound...

Back on topic im hoping ill be seeing some at the TT this year (and in turn hope to get blown away by some on the mountain on my old RSV4)....but, at the moment from a noise point of view i think my v4 is still the better sounding bike :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. you know, you are right, I skimmed through your relevant post (don't ask me why i do this) and I missed your point :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Yay, were on the same wave length :):upyeah: ...................:worried:

o_O

• Funny Funny x 1

4. Thanks

I can’t comment on what it sounds like as a fly by/externally.

But in my opinion the v4 sounds better onboard than the 1299.

5. Yeah - just to add to that....my hyper 1100 sounds totally different from the side (it being ridden past me) to when im on it. It has tons more bass if im watching it go past...

6. Good. That'll do. You can stop now....:joy::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. I think its very unfair for anyone to pour scorn on it tbh. Ive heard the phrase said many-a-time and i do agree....

"If your going for a top end supersports bike....you wont really find a bad one..." its a case of the style, manufacturer and the type of engine you prefer. And finally....the pilot at the controls.... See vid...

I think the guy was on a last generation fireblade...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1

8. If it’s a blade it’ll probably be Wilhem, Belgium rider, second fastest round the place. Wrote himself off a while ago, think he came off on some coolant.

Some thought he would be the one to drop under a 7min lap prior to his biff.

That’s one thing I love about bikes, there’s fast bikes and fast riders. After all Andy did his record on an old, road legal r1..

9. Still alive i hope....id have that video playing at my funeral if it was me!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah okay now, pretty sure he was in a coma for sometime though.

I don’t think I’ll ever ride round the ring again for this exact reason. Too much fluids down. It’s a gamble at every bend, will there, won’t there be fluid etc. Not great.

If they ran bike only I’d be all over it like a spray tan.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Few customers I saw at the dealers that had wheeled their 1299’s back for this loved it thus why I think it divides opinions I actually rated it up close but I guess that’s why people have opinions lol I’m sure as you say most or majority don’t like the looks as much

12. It looks like the folds on a fat bird when she leans forward to reach the next cake

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Know it very well used to love lapping across the marsh road and back on Camber Road before I decided to stick to track riding.
    Would love for that route to be closed off for bikes only for a day would make a great TT like route

• Agree Agree x 1

14. Fat Folds..jpg fat folds.png

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I'm sure I read recently that there are some bike only training days there this year. Not cheap at 1000 euros but I think they said you would get plenty of laps in.

16. There are. I go most years. Two days on track with instructors. Depending on how well you know the track, the groups can circulate pretty fast. €1100 sounds a lot, but if you total up the number of laps that you do and then multiply by the cost per lap in public traffic you are usually running at a discount. The course this year (Motorad) is at the end of August. You can book direct, but Neil Lee can handle the booking for you so that everything is in English. Contact him at [email protected] (no 'd')

• Like Like x 2
  17. Is this it?

http://www.motorradonline.de/action...ring-nordschleife-einsteiger-aufsteiger/46970

18. Its exactly as it left the factory, not had any paint or graphics done :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  19. good review... Every time I see the title though, I cant help but think it was written by a yank...

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information