1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 An Honest Review From A Sceptic

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Advikaz, Feb 24, 2018.

1. R1M looks like such a bargain.

2. It kind of does really.. all that carbon as well..

Superb handling machines, sound sexual as well.

3. I guess the stopwatch will decide how quick the V4 is when it comes to some group tests. I have a feeling it'll do alright.

Apparently the order books are stacking up. A lot of people are signing up after a demo ride by all accounts. Must be good if that's true.

4. I don’t doubt it’s quick. It’s the sensation of speed I think it’s missing

5. Ahaa! So you're an R1M fanboy? I wondered why you were so reserved on praising the V4!! S'ok, they do look quite nice :)

6. I agree the r1 is ballistic top end & to me seems faster then the v4 at the top end, but the v4 pulls better from 3000 revs rite threw the rev range but quite as exciting

7. I have just sold my 2017 s1000rr to get a v4, the bmw was a great bike & I do lots of track days , the demo v4 did seem to have more pull from 3000revs then the bmw but about the same at the top end of the revs, I found the quick shifter & down shifter just as gud as the bmw

#107 COOL-HAND-AL, Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2018
  8. I appreciate all bikes to be honest. Well most (not Harley’s)

9. I know a couple of lads who've gone from S1000RR to R1M. They love the R1M but said it was noticeably down on power from the beemer. What did you think?

10. Yeah, I'm with you on the Harley thing.

11. *right
    *through
    *good

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. You missed out *than

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. There more we talk about new bikes the more I'm very tempted on selling my older ones and pulling the trigger on a new bike, just seems you can do everything with one bike now, I wouldn't need 3 bikes.

14. Nothing has tempted me over my 1098R (and I'll be keeping it) until the V4. It's time to try something new... The V4 is a 10 year jump from my 1098. I reckon it'll feel special. Can't wait to try it ; - )

15. ???

16. I agree the r1 is ballistic top end & to me seems faster then the v4 at the top end, but the v4 pulls better from 3000 revs rite threw the rev range but quite as exciting

I found the quick shifter & down shifter just as gud as the bmw

• Like Like x 1
  17. I think I'll keep my 1299S and use the cash to buy tyres, ferries, servicing and petrol...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Freind has both HP4 and R1M. The HP4 is easier to ride everywhere. Is linear and much more user friendly on road and track. You could do your shopping on it. R1M is better on track where it comes into its own. His only complaint are the front stoppers. Not as good as the Brembo M50's on my Pani. Baffles out on full Ti Akro sounds amazing but very very loud. With baffles in sounds amazing but very very loud. Its much more demanding on the road and trickier and flightier. I guess a proper rider would tame it. It looks amazing, is quality throughout and what I shouldve bought instead of 1299S. However I'm better on braking and corner exit on the roads. Probably more to do with set up.

19. The R1M feels like a flighty track version of the BMW, a lot smaller and lighter feeling but with the same crazy engine power. The brake system on the R1M puts a big stop on any thoughts I'd have of buying one though unfortunately. Nothing comes remotely close to the Panigale when it comes to brakes due to a combination of the caliper quality and the bikes low weight.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Great to know. I found the 2015 - 2017 QS on the BMW needed a positive movement of the foot to get ensure good changes. But on the track I never had an issue. With the earlier S1000RR models I missed gears a few times. The BMW gearbox is not like a sewing machine, but then it is dealing with a lot of power.

My bike entered 'Build' today, so just a few more weeks to go.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information