1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 An Honest Review From A Sceptic

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Advikaz, Feb 24, 2018.

1. 44teeth are crazy about Ducati and KTM... suspicious...

2. yea it wil b so they wud ok then lol

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  3. The Lads that shot the vid were left hugely impressed by the V4. It was bog stock where as both the R1M and ZX10 were modded.

4. God Bless Murica

5. Eh?

6. They’re ecu mapped and have slip ons..

Still shouldn’t be anywhere near the bhp of that Ducati

7. And de cat I think. Makes a significant difference. The V4 will muller the bejesus out of them with a full system and upmap.
    It’s the rider aids package that piqued my interest. Plus of course the motor.

8. That’s a great review. Nicely written with lots salient points that every rider will be interested in. You’ve described your observations brilliantly.

The bike will sell well and respect to the guys that have spent their hard earned cash on one. For me, it’s too aesthetically challenged and not what I expect from Ducati. I also wish they’d broken the link with the past and renamed the bike - “evolution not revolution” is a pseudonym for cheap. Also, I’m sure it’s very easy to live with (quickshifter excepted), is easy to ride fast and less fatiguing on a long ride, as Adam stated in his review. However, that sounds like a description of the 2007 Honda Fireblade I sold to buy my first Ducati (a 1098S).

When I first rode the 1098S, coming from a life time of Japanese IL4’s, it was a revelation. I was shocked at how slim and lithe it was. How physical it was to ride, how beautifully put together it was, the attention to detail, the sound and, of course, the name and cache of the brand. It felt like I was riding a living, breathing thing. Then there’s the looks. Amazing. Ten years on and it’s still a fresh design, it’s a beautiful looking bike, even now.

For me, compared to previous Ducati sports bikes, the V4 has gone a bit too Japanese.

I now have a 1098R, a Desmosedici and a 1299SL. The 1098R is a real beast of a bike. Very physical to ride and difficult to ride fast but when you do and all the stars align, it’s an awesome experience. I live in Italy and at 05:00 in the morning during summer, I’m out on one of my bikes. At that time of day, I have the roads to myself and when I manage to hook up a good ride, I’m high for a month. They are all just so involving as all the fun hasn’t been engineered out of them (1299 excepted which is pretty close to perfect but it at least has the looks).

As I won’t be buying a V4, I’ll spend the money on a 998R.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. hoping to get my v4 this week & I am booked in for Silverstone & Donny for the ducati track days fast group, anyone taking their v4 ru going to keep the tyres on that come with the bike & if so wot hot pressures wil u be running & wil u be using tyre warmers or wil u be changing the tyres to sc1 or sc2, I have contacted prelli tech deparment but I should have gone to morrisons & asked someone in the café because they would have been as useless but at least I could have had a cake & a cuppa

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Saw my first one in protwins today. But it was parked next to a Desmo. I know where my v4 money would go.

11. were they busy:thinkingface:

12. I was only in a few mins to puick something up. tbh I spent more time drooling over a lovely bevel they had in. There was a guy there looking at multi's with Pete. Why you ask?

13. Nice one. Do give us feedback.
    I’m told I’ll get mine April/May... we’ll see. I’m switching it straight to track whore so the OE tyres will be straight off and replaced with Dunlop KR108/106. 18psi rear and 30psi front. Cold I think, I’ll have to double check.
    I’m booked on for Donington too in July. I’m hoping the V4 will be ready but if not I’ll be on the 1098R. Maybe both! Win win...

14. my local,, so nice to know what's going on and i've seen the bevel red one:upyeah:

15. They did a fantastic job on it. Its super sweet looking and very clean lines. I'm envious of whoever bought it. I couldnt take my eyes of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. dont know who own's it but i saw it on the bench as they building it:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hats off to them, coz its a beaut.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. 1st dibbs on the tyres :cool:

19. Those three want locking up or at the very least try spending 10 seconds sliding down the road at 150mph with no leathers or boots on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Standard costume out there, you'll have to lock up just about every biker in the State. Same in south of France and Italy from what I could see, the only ones wearing leathers are (me) the English tourists.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information