1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And I'm Off.. I Really Am This Time

Discussion in 'Touring' started by chizel, May 3, 2019.

1. Chiz can I say, I've enjoyed your journey and your thread. Sometimes I genuinely opened up my laptop and thought "let's see what the daft twat is upto today" and almost everyday I've had a dry grin at the end of reading.

I wouldn't mind betting a few of us are a bit jealous that you have not only said feck it I'm off but the apparent lack of planning on a daily basis. you have provided the ability to laugh at you but mostly, with you.

I have truly enjoyed your thread and despite resembling Warwick Davis and riding a bike that makes a royal enfield look classy, well done sir, well done.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. I'd love one.... But I've not met an American that has put out yet ..
    All talk ..
    You have my address and everything!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Lol ... It's a shame I can only put one funny to that!!! Cheers dude x

• Like Like x 1
  4. Agh,That fresh smell of doc martens in the early hours,who said romance was yesterday's meal;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jesus lads, , don't encourage him to come over this way. That being said I'd be up for a few pints with him.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  6. yeah, I can imagine his chat up lines, hey baby, come to my place and I'll put a little leather number on.

She wonders out of the bathroom butt naked only to find chiz with his bike jacket and trousers on, flys all up the back of them and the inside smelling like chiz's crutch after a european tour and his ever faithful doc martens to reveal his athletes foot.

#2066 noobie, Jun 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. waxing lyrical there ^ a realistic, alternative take on a Doobie Brothers top hit maybe..

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Didn't you say you had some other pics and adventures left to share Chiz?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Nice one Chiz. Great thread, great entertainment, thanks for sharing it.

You should copy it all off, get it printed and save it as a book.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  10. I just yesterday picked up the phone I broke ( in France?) And that has some pics of Germany..
    Don't know when I will ave time to post em up though...
    You guys are going cold turkey eh?
    Heres 2 of Portsmouth ...
    As beautiful as any where I've been..
    LMAO!!!!
    IMG_20190620_114619.jpg IMG_20190620_114626.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. The ride home from Portsmouth was breath taking.. the A3 is fantastic but the M25 is simple the best road I've ever been on .
    If you have not rode the M25, drop what you are doing and get there...
    Or better yet do it on a week day morning!

• Funny Funny x 9
  12. Did you enjoy the Hindhead Tunnels on the A3. The acoustics are pretty good with Termi’s.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Way better than those poxy lil tunnels in Europe!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Love this thread - one of the best things I’ve read in ages :) Thanks for sharing your adventure!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Pleased you’re home safe Chiz.Great thread ,very entertaining.I have done lots of European touring but never solo.That is not to be underestimated.Respect sir!

• Like Like x 1
  16. ChiZ,What was the bar bill:beer: in the end:thinkingface:

17. I never kept track ..
    I tried to keep under €200 per day for hotel, gas ,booze and food .. that didn't happen often...
    X that by 40 odd nights ( some of em very odd) plus ferry, track tickets, tyres, break down cover, travel insurance and bits and bobs the trip was not cheap...
    But I'm classy guy, I don't do cheap!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. 8K to 10K then,a proper creditcard wrecker :):upyeah:

19. Just given scrambkes a 2nd clean since being back .. come up pretty good. Needs another and a bit of detailing and you'd never know it had gone anywhere ..
    I'm surprise, no stone chips and the only damage is the snapped clutch lever and a few scuffs to the tank insert thingy from climbing on foot over tank first ..
    15612969793383620930196850270107.jpg 15612970070764246470740803018199.jpg 15612970419851598916224530650713.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  20. Lil over 10 is my guess. Need to look at bank statements .. plus 7 weeks no wages..
    But it is what it is...

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information