1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And I'm Off.. I Really Am This Time

Discussion in 'Touring' started by chizel, May 3, 2019.

1. i do travel, just not on planes. or motorways with the bike. the sceerery and colors are v,much like here this time of year.

2. Plus 1 for that, motorways are most unpleasant on a bike and best avoided at all costs - lucky I don't live near any :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I thought petrol was expensive here at €1.48/ltr but €1.69 is extortionate, no wonder the gilet jaune are out.
    The pictures are great, as is the thread, you should put it all into a book 'Zen & the Art of Solo Touring':)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for the kind words guys!!!
    I Am in le mans!!!!
    Been here about an hour but phn went dead so no pics of 2nd half of today!!!
    Tbh there was a lot of dual carriageways. They were actually quite fun but not many photo ops..
    There is outdoor motorcycle parking next to the hotel. I ask the girl at reception if they had secure parking and she said no,it was full...
    So I asked about the outdoor parking and she said no it's full...
    Is said it ain't she said it's booked..
    I don't think she knew what I meant so I parked there anyway...
    Anyhu, the hotel is an ibis...id forgot what shit holes there are. But as I only decide to do this trip for sure a few weeks back, it was pretty much all I could find..
    At least the tram goes to the track from right next door!

• Like Like x 8
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. 155801691563477598925.jpg 1558016966099359372107.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  6. Can anyone reckoned a good spot to go to tonight? Might take a stroll to the centre ...

7. Recommend.... yoal know what I meant...

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Champagné, 72470, France isn't far - I believe they have a local brew

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  9. You could have got a better shot of the Blonde in the first shot. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Just been to the tram station to sort tickets for weekend... stood in a cue for 15 mins to speak to someone and all though the trams depart from There, they only sell train tickets..
    The machines are In French and I can't even work out what tram to get from where... tried Google but keep getting French.
    Guess I shall just join the masses tomorrow or get a cab!!!

11. 20190516_174651.jpg

20190516_173444.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  12. french have a thing for closing/taping bins up............I think it is an anti terrorist thing

13. Ru du port has some bars etc.
    Not sure if Pub le Mackeson is still there..

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tram tickets used to be sold in bars and tabacs. Try one of those.

15. Does he know?

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Great pics chiz your doing a grand job for a techno phobe

I hope you didn’t smoke in the petrol station or use your phone :grinning::thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Trams are easy chiz , the machines are at every stop and they have an English button , choose the 2 trips for €2.90 , one ticket , just lob it in the machine and it'll stamp it .

Head to the centre , they have a mcd's but to the left of it on the corner is a lovely place for steak and cheesecake , I was there 3 weeks ago when most of you lot sodded off without me .

Although , its 10 pm there so I guess your sorted

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Tried that..

19. I couldn't make heads nor tails of the machine.or see a button for english. Couldn't even find the track on the map or work out what number tram to catch...
    I'm sure I will work it out.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information