1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And I'm Off.. I Really Am This Time

Discussion in 'Touring' started by chizel, May 3, 2019.

1. Nice one chiz.

2. Have a good trip Chiz.

Hope the ferry discount code worked on the revised ferry.

I haven’t done it but apparently the D19 from Alencon to Marolles-les-Braults is good. Then follow the D25 to Montfort-le Gesnois then on to Neuvy-le-Roi and the D2 to Tours.

If I can, I’ll be doing it soon.

• Like Like x 2
  3. That is a loaded up Scrambler. Keep the pics coming.

4. yip, that boy needs to cut down on the pork pies, get some exercise.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Stay safe Chizer and have a fab time and keep the pics and posts coming :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yes, chiz, have an ace time and stop moaning too Tue two.

: o D

• Love You Love You x 1
  7. Well and truly Kriegered up there mate.Top kit.Once at Barbastro the worlds your lobster N260 a must

• Like Like x 1
  8. Don’t go in the cells too often, remember what happened last month o_O and over there they will understand you even less :bucktooth:

9. Have a great trip. Enjoy France, a fantastic country to be riding a bike through.

Those are probably going to an event just south of Paris, my 996 riding best mate is going on his dad's 1929 TT Panther.

10. Stop moaning?
    Got in to caen at 7ish looked a bit grey but patches of sun... left the ship in light drizel ... it got heavier and be for I could find somewhere to pull over and put my wets On, it was hammering it down...i was/am soaked through ... It carried on pretty much non stop, with some of the strongest winds I've ever rode in...
    I nearly got taken out buy a large flying for sale sigh!!!
    (I don't know what was for sale)
    I was freezing and managed 75 miles in 3 hours!!!
    Finally some Sun!!! Gassed up and set off again...
    No more the 3 mins later the sky turned black and I was pelted to fuck by hail stones!!!!
    Luckily there was another service station so I ducked for cover..
    It is a bank holiday over here and EVERYTHING is shut...
    I've just this min found a Mc donalds that is open... lucky to as I can't get online on my phone and needed the Wi-Fi to book a room!!!
    Only 100 miles to go today (3 hours according to TomTom so must be windy...) and it's about to rain again....

• Like Like x 6
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  11. scortchio here today.
    incase anybody was wondering

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Did get a good hour of sun after the hail and although still windy, I made good time and done the next 75 miles in an hour..
    Some lovely roads and sights..
    20190508_103343.jpg 20190508_103752.jpg 20190508_103752.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  13. And doctor Martin boots are not even close to water tight...
    Anyhu, I'm off again.. next mission will be finding a toilet... dam Mc Donald...

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. ^^ @Char says it doesn't matter :) Have a safe and good time chizel :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Looks great fun!! weather is just an inconvenience:bucktooth:
    Have a safe trip

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  16. Heavy rain? People talk funny? Did you take a wrong turn and end up in Scotland?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Although the D922 is pretty fab

• Like Like x 2
  18. I went something like D16 , N162, D160.... and a load of smaller roads to finish... Tom Tom was right and it did take nearly 3 hours to do the last 100 miles... well 2.5... was a bit of road works with 4 inch deep gravel for a small bit too...

• Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information