1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And I'm Off.. I Really Am This Time

Discussion in 'Touring' started by chizel, May 3, 2019.

1. 20190508_152919.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. 20190508_174252.jpg 20190508_185354.jpg 20190508_204005.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  3. La Rochelle is a cool lil spot... from the very small time I spent mouchin about , it seems to have a nice vibe and I can imagine that when the sun is out it would be mobbed..
    Another place I would like to spend more time..
    Found a nice pub with kiwi friendly folk (called "the famous pub") , had 2 pints, a really good burger and was in bed by 8.30..

• Like Like x 2
  4. Did you scramble for grip?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  5. Pah !!! It's only water, you're not scared of water are you? One day you will look back on this and think how utterly fucking miserable it was, and how the fuck you could be so stupid. Or you may look back with fondness, it depends on your sanity.

6. Better weather coming soon Chiz.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ro
    Rooky error not setting off in wet weather gear... I think I would have ended up soaked through any ways my gear ain't great, but it would have taken longer and I wouldn't have got so cold...
    but it was the wind more than the rain that made it so scary..

I'm already looking back on yesterday with fondness..
    I ache all over (but half of that is pre existing) and wish I could I could have a days rest here but the weather is shit and I don't want to waste a day in bed or at a bar... well, I do but I'd rather do that some where warmer...

• Like Like x 3
  8. Got a hotel booked in barbastro for Friday, it's 360 miles from here. I've just punched in sat nav avoid motorways and I will ride as far as I feel today and find digs..
    . at least I'm heading inland and South so weather should get better

• Like Like x 6
  9. Not only another fantastic use of the one of the fanny packs, but could make for a really great update later.

Keep us posted :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Careful riding in laced boots. I got a lace caught on the bike once and didn't notice till I stopped at a red light.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. meh, the weather may be miserable, but it could be worse. you could be riding with some of the miserable cvnts on ere too.

:D

#71 finm, May 9, 2019
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I’m coming with you next time :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. aye, the washing still needs done when on tour.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. It's possing down again... luckily the have these bike shelters every half a mile... the have seats and maps!!! 15573891532181613396497.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  15. TMI :p

16. 15573893777841421322053.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Set off at 9... managed 40 miles in an hour but that was with gas stop so not to bad...
    Thought I'd be heading in land but not yet... no... 45 mins filling coast with some fierce winds.. was kinda settling in to it, then in the distance I see quite a large bridge. . Surely not I thought... as I got closer yep we is going over..
    It was 50 metres high or so and 500 long ish..
    All I could think was MUMMY!!!
    It wernt as bad as I thought though...
    Right, my bus is here...
    Laters

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  18. If it continues to piss down like this I am staying right at home. Following a slide in the van yesterday I have just ordered a set of rain tyres. It weighs 2.5 tonnes ffs!

19. Pretty sure Chizel would always come first :innocent:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Shit I was many to give you ticket details.. I will dig em out now!!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information