1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And I'm Off.. I Really Am This Time

Discussion in 'Touring' started by chizel, May 3, 2019.

1. Poggio secco is the stand I'm in... got an from global tickets... well I say that.. they have not replied to any of my 4 emails so far...
    I've used em before a fee times with no probs but I just wanted to make sure the email em... if they don't... errrr....

2. I'm In a place called mont de Marsan.. I rode to to bordoux from la Rochelle via some lil port town, the sat nav tried to get me on a ferry to San Sebastian from there...
    After I changed my settings, i picked up the a10 for 2 hours. It is a very nice road in most parts...
    Then I picked up the 86? I think... which was a mix of fairly bendy ( not real twisty) roads through farm land and villages ... pretty good . The sun was mostly out and 50% of the roads dry... the last half hour was 2-5 mile long, tree lined straights ..
    More suited to a fast bike!! But easy going at the end of a long day in the saddle.
    The opposite to yesterday where the last few hours were naggery back roads, that you need to focus on and really tiring ...
    Anyhu the manager at the hotel in at is an ex French sevens player and he likes kiwis... so that's good..
    I haven't told him I hate the French yet...

• Like Like x 6
  3. Tree lined straight ... 20190509_145626.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Some place on the way.. 20190509_135911.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. It's like "travel man" meets "easy rider" meets "fear and loathing in Las Vegas" :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Love these lil European towns...
    They have amazing old buildings an stuff...
    They all have a square in the centre where there are loads of bars and cafes, everyone is happy and kids are out out with their folks, laughing and eating ice cream till 2 am..
    Or so I'm told... I'm pissed and in bed by 9....

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I can tell, you're going to be a full on Francophile by the time you return :upyeah::D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
  8. Same stature as Napoleon :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  9. And you look like Mr bean with no hair ...

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. Who said that :bucktooth:

11. Thats what wanking does to ya...

12. Stop doing it to me then, thought it was an itch :eek:

13. You are pretty close to Nagaro which is just down the road and has a very good racetrack that I used to drive to twice a year for trackdays.
    Might be worth a look to see if there's anything interesting on track seeing as you are so close.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hmmm... i might be heading past tomorrow but not much time in hand... or all the time in the world depending on how you look at it!

15. I'm fucked... not real drunk but reasonably... tired form the last few weeks and the last few days riding..
    But more than that I am over fed...
    Hold on... I need to find my glasses...

• Like Like x 4
  16. Hello Chizzer :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  17. So, I wanders around this lil town with a beer here and there... it's pretty dead.. probably coz it's in the middle of no where, its raining and it's a Wednesday?
    And It was to early for these night owls...
    So, undecided on where to dine I went back to the hotel... the rooms are budget as fuck but the restaurant is top notch...
    Marco, the big up ex frog rugby guy insisted I had the veal t bone...
    Not some thing I would order but I have it a bash.. I said just the main but he brought me a starter foc as I would have to wait a lil...
    A nice soup..
    The veal was amazing... ( sorry pc people) as was the pasta on the side , the 4 glasses of red and the local spirt for afters...
    I was worried as I never asked the price of anything and as it's not a tourist spot, nothing is in English..
    End result, 30 euro...
    He said the starter , 2 of the glasses of red and the spirits were on him...
    I said, I've always loved the French..

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 4
  18. And secure bike parking!!
    @ £41 A night it's a good spot...

• Like Like x 2
  19. And the best bit is I can get now tv on me lap top!!! So I can pass out to English speaking tv instead of this foreign muck...

20. I'm watching Chernobyl...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information