1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And The Prices Of The New Models Have Just Been Released

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by El Toro, Nov 5, 2018.

1. You can spot the whingey remoaners a mile off, it doesn't even register to them the word GROWTH. Even leaving the eu we will still continue GROWTH. They are not even disputing we will continue to have GROWTH

you can see why the samaritans are being kept busy

2. How did you come up with the prices? All dealers that I have contacted still don't know about pricing ?

3. His whole post was about growth?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Got it. On the average, how much do they usually go up every year ?

5. Came from a dealer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Here in US nobody has an idea of pricing yet, which makes it strange that your dealer would know?? They said prices have not yet come out from Ducati. Kind of question those prices..

#46 jose, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  7. Those are the prices. They were published at EICMA. Fact.

Ps. Despite what Trump thinks the USA is NOT the centre of the universe. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Lets not get into the Trump topic. That guy is an idiot..

How do those prices translate here in the US. I did a currency conversion, but it seems high ??
    Hyper 950 sp as an example..

13895 EUR = 17952.34 USD
    MSRP was $16295 on the 2018. That is a big increase.

Dealers here say US prices have not been determined. Not sure, I guess the pricing will be different than the actual conversion ?

#49 jose, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  9. I’m sure Ducati won’t just take the UK prices and convert it using the currency exchange rate. They’ll take into account USA market conditions and demographics to decide the selling price points.

However FYI here are the UK prices - https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesoci...ank-folder-keep-empty/ducati-2019-model-range

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. The US prices will be lower than the equivalent dollar conversion of the UK prices.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Thanks guy's.. I was getting a little nervous there. Hell, I was about to pull the Trump card:eek:
    "The world is against us!!".

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. This may well be so , but it’s usually not an exact science. I agree with ET’s previous post, they are a business trying to maximise profits in a relatively small market ( whole motorcycle industry) & therefore look at market conditions & demographic.
    When trading in foreign markets, manufacturers do not necessarily make the same margin on a product in each country based solely on cost at source & exchange rate.

When rolls Royce Royce motors were at the height of sales in China, they simply had cardboard cutouts of the cars in dealers because of demand, therefore the retail price was significantly higher than the exchange rate & local taxes.

Walk into a Suzuki showroom in virtually any country & you get a hefty discount & a blowjob.

13. Currency exchange has always been the ability to take the piss. Apple's latest and most expense iphone
    in the U.S. iphone xs in silver and 64gb in the states $1,099, meaning in the U.K. it should be £847 however all they do is swap the dollar sign for the pound sign so we end up paying £1,099

That said, often the price shown in the states is price, plus taxes which vary state by state so sometimes the them and us prices are misleading. On what would be considered luxury items the main price index is based on, what is the maximum we can charge these dumb fucks with more money than sense?

• Agree Agree x 2

14. No that is the UK..... We earn much less than the USA in UK and pay more for the cars and bikes than USA despite them being made outside USA... go figure...

We pay much higher taxes....

The upside - better social service / coverage and healthcare free...

• Like Like x 1
  15. two guys in my workshop moved back from canada after realizing the mega wage wasnt so mega after they had payed for this and that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I think they price things higher knowing that the majority of people
    Will
    Just stick it on some lease scenario and only be interested in the monthly payment.
    Not a fan of finance myself

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Suppose shit is cheaper in America because its a bigger market. Do they know Ducati is built in China

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. And 99% of Americans are cerebrally challenged
    Judging by the kind of tv they find funny

19. I'm just pissed they have all the good stuff cheap but postage an custom charges are a bitch.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information