1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Andalucia- Who's Done It??

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Mary Hinge, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Heading there with Tracksense 6-9th April. I've gone for the Tri Option which means I can ride Almeria and Andalucia as and when. It's a 4 day gig and I can't wait! There's a fun race on the last day with Almeria and Andalucia tied together giving a 9+ km lap! Ooof! 5 lap race.

I know Andalucia looks a bit tricky and a lot of folk didn't like it but I'll spend the 1st 2 days learning it. Afternoon 3 and 4 will be both tracks tied together. Should be an interesting hoon!!

Anyone else going? I'll be on a white 1098. The bloke with all the birds round him :yum

* I made the last bit up....

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. What? You bought a V4 for the track and you won’t be using it? WTF? :)

3. Not this time old bean. I'm in the middle of FullSix carbon fibre tank drama with the V4S. My first one leaked from the fittings so they sent me a new one which I've yet to fit. To be fair it would have long been sorted but I work away a lot so I haven't got round to it. I may get a day next week before I head off to Almeria, we'll see.

The 1098R's a hoot anyway, so there'll be no shortage of thrills and hopefully not spills :p

4. Andalucia has been re designed hasn’t it ? It’s not so “technical”

5. From some of the YouTube vids it looks pretty sparse in sections with no reference points for braking and turn in. I'm sure it'll be fun! .... After the first day when we've worked out which way it goes :):upyeah:

6. Done the joined up version.
    TBH I thought the Andalucia bit (new version) was awful. Wouldn't bother going back.

7. Ha ha, not a fan at all then... How long did you give Andalucia out of interest? All tracks are awful when you don't know where it goes. I believe Andalucia was built purely as a test track (like Almeria) and it's tricky to get the hang of. From what I can see on YouTube there are some tricky, ever tightening corners, and leant right over braking.... yikes!:eek:

8. IIRC it was a 4 dayer with mixed weather.
    Yeah, tightening radius corners with braking to be done and bugger all reference markers. It was like trying to ride an infinity pool!

9. Oh, good to know it's not just me that encounters shit weather down there....

10. Some of the BSB riders tried it during testing last year (might have been the year before) and were deeply unimpressed. Doesn’t flow, too many stop start corners. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1

11. How did it go fella ?? any good ?

Looking at that next year early march/april time..

12. Andalusia was ok. Not my favourite but ok. There are some ever tightening corners that you have to take carefully and not get sucked in. Also some brake at lean in a few places. Preferred Almeria for a hoon

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I didn't like Andalusia much. We did it the very first day that they opened the new configuration and it just seemed a bit unfinished. I was difficult to figure out where the track went at times as there were so many bit of the track not used and not properly marked off. I ended up cutting a huge section out where the long straight is on one lap.

Probably didn't help that I was trying to learn a new bike as well but I wouldn't rush back unless there were a group of us going and it was the only dates I could make.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Haha, yeah on my sighting lap I almost stopped at one point to figure out which fekin way to go!
    On the plus side, it’s very grippy and easy on tyres.
    I’d go again now I’ve worked out where it goes, but it’s never gonna be my favourite track...

15. Plenty other available, that's the beauty of Spain

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information