1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annoying Pop Up Ad

Discussion in 'Forum How To's - create an Avatar/Event/Group etc?' started by Towser, Mar 22, 2019.

1. I can't even use my iPhone on the forum now this bloody thing just pops up all the time!!
    I've stolen my daughters kindle Amazon thingy now.

2. I don’t have a problem with ads to support the site but this clearly isn’t a legitimate ad.

3. Same here, have had to use a basic shell to browse so the ad can’t launch.

88B6AC50-D077-4E03-B5ED-E7ED13ACABB6.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Still ok here, is it network related or area :thinkingface:
    Yorkshire reporting as unaffected by any virus :):upyeah:

5. I was getting these on eBay

6. Yes same here that ad made it unusable but I’ve a fix download the Firefox browser from the App Store and use that I was getting the pop every time with chrome and safari but not had it using Firefox

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. I’ve started getting it now . It’s making the forum virtually unusable

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. @Rob - any ideas?

Ps. I’m not suffering from this

9. Have those that have this issues tried logging out, clearing the cookies on the device, then logging back in again?

Worth a try.

10. I get same on my iPhone.. Only on this site though. Started yesterday and now impossible to use this site. Cleared stored and cookies. No different. Pops up when I try to log in (I think??)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. +1

12. It pops up for me as soon as I go on the forum, I don't even get a chance to log in.

13. I’ve texted Rob about it.

14. I’m a subscriber and I get it as others have .So it’s a bit lame of mods to just blindly suggest people ‘try’ spending money on a site that might not be secure in order to probably not get the issue anymore..... get the irony of asking people for MORE personal data in this scenario?

15. It was said in good faith and not to bump up subscriptions so I take exception to your glib comment! . Many others including me aren’t having this problem. But it will be investigated.

16. Its a bug. I'll fix it - apologies for the inconvenience.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. I haven't got it :(

18. Has anyone got it NOT on an iPhone / iPad? Trying to work out if its iOS exclusive...

19. You’ve had your vaccinations;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information