1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annual Service

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by Vader, Aug 15, 2020.

1. had the annual service done today by Ducati Worcester, that’s my wallet £322 lighter then!

2. I would say that's not too bad!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mines nearly due, I expected £150/£170

4. I’m dreading the belt service in a couple of years!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sounds £100 too much to me..........was it just a standard service? Which one?

6. oil, filter, coolant and brake fluid change

7. They'll be charging £100/hr. How much were the consumables out of that £322?

8. Labour was about £190 + VAT, filter was about £10, oil was around £50, cant remember how much for coolant and brake fluid, all plus VAT. They sent me a video while carrying out the service, they don’t seem to need to remove any body work. They also told me my rear tyre is getting close to the limit although it looks fine to me, that’ll be new tyres next month then

9. Unfortunately, sounds about right...:( You'd expect them to have a quick (vacuum or pressure) method to drain, fill & bleed the brake fluid. A fair amount of time watching fluids drain...
    Maybe ask for a time breakdown, which they should be able to provide as they're standard jobs. Always remove fairings, as they may charging you that time anyway.

10. Why the coolant change? It's scheduled for 4 yearly. Your's must be a very early Supersport.

11. My sport is July 17, they told me brake and coolant at 3 years, I didn’t question it as cars are usually 3 years for brake fluid.

12. The brake fluid should be checked annually and replaced 2 yearly. So the brake fluid should have been changed at the previous annual service and the coolant wasn't due until the next one.
    Here is the service schedule for the 939 :

Attached Files:

13. That £322 seems a lot for a 2 hours job with basic tools, probably 1 hour with proper tools.
    However, looking at your cost breakdown is not that bad...dealer prices.

14. Annual service including oil service today, £230 for 2 hours work. At £70 plus VAT per hour I suppose it’s OK for a main dealer. I did how ever fall for a nice pair of summer gloves at £90, so that impressed Lady Vader!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. For those of us paying London prices, that's a result!

David Robinson, Old York Rd, Wandsworth charges around £300 for a normal service. Ducati London in Vauxhall charge ~£500 for the same.

16. On Saturday I had an annual service and new front tyre, Pirelli Angel GT2 (£195) I also asked for the brake fluid to be changed, the bill was £472

I then ordered a new bike on Tuesday

17. That’s a shocking amount of money. I sometimes work down that way so popped in one lunch time, I suppose £500 for a service helps pay for that nice new show room

18. Does that include a belt change?

19. No, that was last year

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information