1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Bike Jacking!

Discussion in 'Stolen Bikes/Parts' started by Rosso, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Yeah then you end up in jail for hurting the cupid stunt who was stealing your bike... Grr...

2. The Criminal Justice Act (1988) says that you may carry a knife with a blade length of 3.0" or less so long as it is capable of folding and does not lock - so no fixed blade knives as an EDC!! This is for your “Every Day Carry” (commonly referred to as an EDC) or Pocket/Pen knife.

https://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/knife-law-advice-13-w.asp

3. reasonable force is allowed - carrying a knife legal or not can land you in hot water: having it for the reasons of self defence is not really going to help you in court. A big arse wrench would be a plausible item to have on your person - given the reliability reputation of a ducati ;)

#23 MDUBZ, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Then there no point in having a bike then... If they're prepare to use violence on you then expect the consequences... If the police arent doing anything the whats your FFFing answer...

If your not from the area the chances of getting court is slimmer, you not gunna stop to find out, someone got to eye ball your reg or video the evidence...

Am not a violence person but have fantasies of cruel punishments like a sociopath..

shame a rear suspension spanner isnt thicker, with that curve on it

#24 Rebel, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  5. Lucky the bike didn't fall on the thief, otherwise he'd probably be getting done for assult with a vehicle and an insurance claim for a mobility vehicle and loss of earnings.

6. I can remember reading an article from Ducati Club : Venezuela, think it was posted either WDW2014 or 16 FB wall saying they have to ride in groups, run red lights, wear bulletproof vests etc etc all cause jackings n that...

Its nothing new its just emigrated to here...

7. You could get away with a screwdriver to stab the F***** every Ducati needs one of them for the electrics ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mini cordless screwdriver:imp:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Unless you're trained or have a serious weapon you're not winning against 5-6 guys so that's not the answer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. I've been riding the wife's Vespa around London the last few days and every day I got eyed up by obvious gangs on scooters... very dodgy!!

11. ive got a serious weapon !! :D

12. Interesting they don't jack hairy Angels on Harley's. Wonder how many of my local Windsor chapter (I'm def not a member) have had this problem. Or the Road Rats also.

13. Interesting they don't jack hairy Angels on Harley's. Wonder how many of my local Windsor chapter (I'm def not a member) have had this problem. Or the Road Rats also.

14. Not if you carry a ball with the rounders bat

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Carry the lot pal, but sadly you are increasing the chances of getting a face full of acid or worse.

16. Am sure somewhere is carry a pistol/shotgun or them on stashed on the bike... Shame we dont have ''the right bare arms''

17. Bikes should come with bombs on them that can be remotely detonated. So once they have ridden off with it you can blow em up. You're not getting it back anyway so might as well take someone to hell first.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. A similar arrangement would work for airport security. Each passenger together with all their luggage enters a secure, blast-proof chamber where they and their possessions are scanned for explosives and any that are found, detonated. The chamber then rinses itself, inverts and empties its contents into a skip and rights itself to receive the next passenger.

If this continues, which it will while there is neither the political will nor the judicial support to police our society - and it will spread - an increasing number of people will assume the right to bear arms and who could blame them? This is what happens when the state out of a mixture of incompetence and deference to a spurious rights industry abandons its duty to protect the law abiding and pursue and punish criminals.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. I'd rather have no airport security and take my chances of being blown up. No one checks anyone on a train - and you can take giant suitcases on and leave them and get off at the next station. And trains can have 1000 people going 200mph.

It's all stupid nonsense getting me to take off my shoes 5 times and swabbing me for TNT and all sorts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I travel nearly every week on a plane - just be prepared - when you get to security check - so it does not slow you down.

Slip on shoes - prebagged toiletries and laptop / ipad readily accessible - no coat

I have plates in my leg from a bike accident - so get scanned or patted down - sometimes in China its even a lady security officer :).

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information