1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Bike Jacking!

Discussion in 'Stolen Bikes/Parts' started by Rosso, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Thread moved

2. Thread moved

3. Just the battery & seat missing!
    Everything else fine.
    Given the circumstances.. wot a result!

• Like Like x 5
  4. Great news!.

IMO regarding what to do about the scumbags, there's not a lot you can do, be vigilant without being paranoid, it's extremely unlikely that you will ever be involved in anything like this, a bit like terrorism, so fit a tracker if you're really worried, if there are 5 of them it's probably best to run off, the bike can be replaced, you can't, its important to remember that in a confrontation with such types that they are not restrained by notions of common decency as you are, they lack the ability to foresee the consequences of there actions let alone care about them, i.e you see an iron bar lying on the ground, briefly you consider hitting them with it, but in a second you rule it out because you can see a potential prison sentence plus deep down you don't actually want to injure someone, whereas they won't even register the concept of prison and find the thought of injuring someone is really quite funny!.
    If there are only 2 of them then the odds seem better, but they've almost certainly got knives, so forget the bravado, let the bike go and walk away, same goes for road rage, ignore the twat that has just almost knocked you off, get on with your ride, you don't have to fight just because that other idiot does, in fact it's weak to do so because you're just bending to their will, if you think the above seems cowardly then you haven't thought it through, the only time you should react violently is if there is absolutely no alternative, if it gets to that then a martial arts instructor friend of mine suggests that kicking someone's knee backwards with the flat of your foot to hyperextend their knee joint is quite effective, evidently it hurts them a lot, to the point that they are completely immobilised and when seen months later they are still unable to walk properly, evidently ;)

5. Would it not be possible to simply switch the bike off with your right hand on the red cut out switch, jump,off and run, that way the fob is away from the bike and they can't start it.

At least they won't get away with your bike I guess.

6. Yes mate, there are many things you can do in the cold light of day after a few days of consideration.
    A little more difficult to do when you are the star of the show.
    Rather than a standing ovation, you are more likely to get a face full of acid..

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Amazingly good luck getting the bike back, maybe now suggest your mate gets a gps tracker?

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information