1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Another Cracked Speedo Display!

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by DRR117, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Sorry to hear that fella... Not my friend just thought of you when I saw the dash listed in the thread.

As said before, you have to keep a keen eye out for them and be quick very quick when reasonably priced ones come up as they always get snapped up quickly.

Hopefully another one will come along for you in time ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. 1199 is just as bad. Im on my second due to condensation !

3. Would like to say I'm surprised but I'm not :(

Cracked and misty dashes seem to be common across the whole range. A case of they all do that sir as soon as the bike comes out of warranty period... I've also heard a few people complaining that they have had a real struggle to get them replaced under warranty!

A very poor show on Ducati's behalf when it's the case with nearly new bikes!

4. yep...After warranty you are on your own.......

5. If it's any consolation my R1 and GSXR1000 did the same. It's not just a Ducati problem.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I would imagine the difference being you can get the part from Yamaha and Suzuki and for reasonable money.

7. Thank you very much for being so thoughtful, I really appriciate it.

8. Wonder if @Air Duck bought it?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jeez, i don't know what i was expecting to see but that sure is a crack!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. They can crack in a fairly major way. More common than people think

dash.jpg

11. Is the outer case cracked too?

12. No, just the clear.

13. OK, just looked cracked on the pic under the "Ducati CORSE" label.

14. yup looks like the crack started on the surround and then spread to the clear section?

15. A few moments ago I got an email through from Chris at MCN he has asked me to give him all the background info on the display issues customers have experienced. I have a fairly extensive back catalogue of customers accounts on thier situation regarding the display screen cracking, lots of which I found online from a simple Google search, some info from this forum and others etc... I truley belive they are going to run with a story in MCN if I provide them with the information that I have to hand.

I really don't know what do I do? I'm inclined to let rip to be honest.

16. Of course it's a cheaper way of sorting it out, and in fairness the repair does look impressive although I'm personally not a fan of the carbon screen surround.

There is also a slight lip down to the new acrylic screen. So although it will improve the look of the bike massively I would imagine any potential future buyer is going to notice what has been done. I certainley would and to be honest it would likley put me off buying.

I guess we all have different opinions and levels of acceptance.

17. You should have an email from Tim Maccabbe by now.

18. it's not my screen so can't say for sure, (it came from the thread on ducati.org) but he said is was just the clear at the time.

19. Please be sure to post up the email for all to read. Rather than your issue being quietly sorted, then not hearing anymore about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information