1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Pantah Rebuild

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Derek, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Looks like a show-bike

2. Top work mate, looks ace.

3. I looked at these but there are another 2 sets of Marzocchis from Laverdas on eBay just now. One claims to be 360mm eye to eye, the other 370mm, both longer than the 350mm units I currently have when what I need is 310mm, possibly 320mm at a push.
    I've been looking at this pair which are 320mm but have 12mm bushings. I guess it's possible to get 10mm replacement bushes or to simply sleeve them.

4. 310 mm is perfect for a Pantah, 320 mm is usable. Anything longer is too long. The bolts are M10 but a short piece of stainless steel tubing O/D 12mm & I/D 10mm can deal with over large bushings.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks Pete. I've decide to go for the eBay ex-Kawasaki ones. Stradas in reasonable condition don't come up all that often and I prefer to have an original fitment. A modern shock would probably be much better but the bike is only likely to do a few hundred miles a year and I certainly won't be thrashing it.

6. OK. But you might give Hagons a quick ring first, if you want.

7. Have you got shares in Hagon Pete? [​IMG]

8. At the Isle of Man TT in June 1980 my Pantah was briefly fitted with a Hailwood full fairing for the F2 race - I don't mean a Hailwood replica, I mean the fairing off Mike Hailwood's actual bike, temporarily fitted by Steve Wynne. It looked OK, but really I prefer the original Pantah fairing for the road.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I agree...

10. Got any photo's Pete?

11. No, afraid not.

12. Shame, would have liked to have seen that.

13. Just run across the same problem!!!!

• WTF WTF x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information