1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ant And Decs Car

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by yev, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Heard on the local radio today a 49 year old woman had been jailed for 18 weeks for being 3 times over the limit - no crash, just stopped when driving erratically - the reason for jail was said to be to make other people aware how serious a crime it was. So I wonder what will happed with Mr Celeb Criminal - jail to teach many more people a lesson due to the national media coverage - I think not, it stinks (or is soon to :poop:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Going into rehab is the get out of jail card played....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeah...watch the tabloids use the phrase "fighting his demons or some shit like that..." I did read this morning that their "brand" will be damaged....fucking says it all really doesn't it...

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. I’m just glad I finally know who Ant is from Ant and Dec....

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Now you have said that I think I have forgotten which one crashed :mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Correct me if i am wrong, but i do not seem to have seen an apology about
    A) Potentially bringing great harm to the familys car he hit.
    B) Being a drunk driver on our roads.
    C) Setting a bad example to the many people who follow his shows etc
    D) Would my mother allow me to drive in that state with her next to me.!!!!!!!!! I dont even have to answer that.

Instead he has gone and hidden away like a coward.....I will admit enjoying them on tv.......but what goes around comes around.

7. I think people with addictions don’t have the same moral compass as the rest of us

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. hope he goes to jail and gets put in a small cell with a large gentleman who is keen on being in charge:confounded:

9. As said, put yourself in rehab and escape jail or painting swings..

In this country punishment depends on who you are not what you have done (read corruption)..

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Not sure how much blame can be levelled at his mum without knowing the facts. I watched a police chase docu the other night. The patrol car spotted a man drinking from a can and stopped him. He failed the roadside test and blew 171 at the station. That would render 90% of people unconscious and the policeman said the guy showed no outward signs of having a drink. As he was an alcoholic much like Ant likely is, then his threshold for alcohol will be higher than average. He may have blown, just over the limit or a lot over the limit and be technically drunk but outwardly normal.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I know a guy like that (his name is Guy, oddly enough).

I have spoken to him and then found out afterwards he has had an absolute skinful. You couldn't tell looking at him or listening to him.

12. The one that stands on the left. HTH :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Quick update!:
    Car been collected and take away on the trailer presumably to the skip.

14. I worked with an alcoholic who had lost his driving license drink driving. He got his license back after a couple of years. Within a fortnight he was drink driving again.
    The guy lived in complete denial of having 'a problem'.

15. This is the issue, as a result there are no limits to what they will do, someone who is not an alcoholic will have problems relating to that. By the way I'm not one, but I do know someone who is, 2 people in fact, and its very sad to witness and have no ability to help them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I drink hell of a lot

17. Fine. You can drink yourself under the table as often as you like - provided you don't drive, fly aeroplanes, operate heavy machinery, or deploy firearms whilst you are drunk. If you insist on doing so, the law should punish you.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Funny how times change eh! I can remember when it was common practice (and acceptable up to a point) to drink and drive.
    Now it seems that if you just walked past a pub and drive you've committed a heinous crime.
    Don't get me wrong if the guy was that incapable he shouldn't have driven, as, as a lot of people have said, he could have killed someone. But why is there not the same contempt for those of us who speed on motorcycles and could possibly kill someone by their actions if they ride beyond their capabilities ?

19. Personally I find there is a hell of a lot of dislike for speeding motorcycles whoever the pilot is....I find it the most mentioned thing 'bloody idiot going too fast on that bike' 'twat on the motorbike going too fast' 'loon on the bike' etc etc etc speed is the most common thing people dislike in my experience.

20. Media focus, more cars than motorcycles on the road, the ability to carry your family/ friends whilst pissed/ eating/ on the phone/reading a book.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information