1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anthony Bourdain Death

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Carr01, Jun 9, 2018.

1. A true legend . His programmes (Layover) were the highlight of my KLM long haul flights. chefs chef for sure,no BS and straight to the point. R.I.P.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. We are still in disbelief that Anthony Bourdain is gone. We loved watching his shows. He was an Easy Coast boy and did a show covering an area in New Jersey where I grew up. He brought up details that brought back many memories as if he lived there too. He always seemed to have a healthy respect for the places he visited and the people that were his hosts. You really felt like you learned a little something about other people in the world and their way of life when watching his shows.
    This and the loss of designer Kate Spade just a few days before as well. It was a tough week losing two well liked celebrities to suicide.:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. First celebrity death that has genuinely saddened me. He seemed like a cool guy with some issues. Loved his shows. Hanging isn’t a nice way to go. Very sad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I must live on another planet. I'd never heard of him. Mind you, the only TV I watch is news, documentary's and sport. I'll occasionally accompany the Mrs to the pictures to watch a film. Which invariably turns out to be a load of wank... I'll eat some peanut M&M's and snooze.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information