1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Complaints On The Hyper 950 ?

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by jose, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Although I don’t own a 950 I’d be interested on how one compares to the old 1100. I know there Will no doubt be biased opinions but someone who’s owned both perhaps?
    I love my 1100 and the money I’ve thrown into it I could’ve probably brought a 950 lol

2. My only complaints would be, why didn’t they put a fuel gauge on it, or at least a miles to go when the reserve light comes on. It can’t have been that difficult to do! Also, I’m hitting a lot false neutrals which is a bit concerning when your downshifting prior to corner. I chatted to the dealer when it had its 600 mile service the other day and apparently it’s quite common and he then started to try and describe to me why it happens and the inner workings of the gearbox Other than that I absolutely love it

3. I'm bang on 6' with average-length legs and I flat foot my 939 Hyper (and a 950). I reckon it's more to do with hip flexibility to actually throw a leg over it than actual seat height (yes, I'm lucky, I have that flexibility!). I wonder how many here who say "...Ooo, it's far too tall..." have tried one?

4. I’m exactly the same. I can flat foot on my 950 RVE but I sat on my friends SP and although it’s only something ridiculous like a 20mm difference with the Ohlins the seating was noticeably taller. Great bikes though and so far I’m really enjoying riding it, more than any other bike I’ve owned

5. Currently at 3000 miles on my RVE, cannot recommend it enough, riot on small runs, but isn't too bad on 300+ mile days, again wish they had fitted a fuel gauge!!...fitted a full Termi system to mine, best thing you can do as brings the bike alive. get the odd false neutral but no more than I get on my Panigale.

6. The problem with just using the seat height is it doesn’t actually mean that much if you’ve a narrow or wide seat. It also doesn’t mean that much in as much as we’re all different shapes and sizes, height is made up of leg, body and head. Some folk have long legs and shorter bodies others have legs and bodies around the same proportions.

Other factors are at play too if you’re on the heavier side you’ll pre load the suspension more?

You really have to throw your leg over to truly know if a bikes suitable, but then I’ve seen riders mounting their bikes with the side stand down as the only solution to getting on tall trailers and supamoto’s. This is how my Ewok mate managed to ride his 821/Africa Twin, junctions and such were a real problem for him.

I can ball of my feet a 950 but I’ve long legs and short body at 5’10.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information