1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Any Fit A Rapid Bike Evo ?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Ian-SA, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Has any one fitted a Rabid Bike Evo (power commander) to their MS. I have one and about to tackle it myself.
    I have fitted a new SC Project end can and link pipe, also fitted replacement DNA filter
    Its auto tune, so not worried about scratching my brains with a lap top. More worried about doing the wiring hookup.

2. Throw a web link up here for the product you on about & it might jog someones memory.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Bump this thread.

I'm thinking of getting a RapidBike Evo as an alternative to fully scratching the 'New Bike' itch. Has anyone fitted one as I'd like a heads-up to any problems/difficulties? Thanks.

4. I recently removed one from my DVT, had it fitted for about 18 months, easy enough to install except for the location of the module itself, which is probably best fitted under the pillion seat, contrary to the installation guide. Made a great improvement to the fueling and was also able to plug in a quickshifter to it. The module can be transferred from one bike to another, only need replace the loom. Mine will be going up for sale shortly!

5. You can tell I am interested! Does it come with the loom or is that too much hassle? I had a search but I can't find where I can can get just the loom.

6. Kartman, PM sent. At least I think it's sent, I've not used the PM system on here before so went to your profile and sent it from there.

7. Update. Rapid Bike module bought and fitted (thanks @kartman:upyeah:). Second hand off a DVT like mine so no need to download a new map, which was handy as I don't have a laptop.
    Fitting took 4-5 hours. I took it slowly and really it is not technical, just patience required to remove panels and plan and execute the route for the loom. Most of the connectors you need to access are tucked away and fiddly to get at, but do-able. The rear of the tank needs to be lifted and propped up (with a handy size paint tin!) to get at the injectors, but with Kartmans advice to leave the tank panels on it went well. I took the opportunity to aid weatherproofing of all the connectors with ACF. Secure all bits likely to flap loose with cable ties and job done.
    Heart in mouth time as I hit the starter for the first time but it fired right up. Since then I've done a couple of hundred miles which is enough for the module to adjust to my bike. Also during this time I had an ECU update from Ducati for the injector programme whilst the front brake M/C was done. Results so far are subtle, as the torque flat spot, or as I think a throttle response delay, wasn't really bad to start with. However I've detected an improvement in that area and with more miles when I go to the Ardennes at Easter I reckon I'll notice more. Moot point whether the improvement is due to the Rapid Bike module or the Ducati map update, but I'm pleased either way. Overall I'm happy to have done something to improve rideability and delayed spending thousands on changing to the undeniably better 1260 engine.

8. Where did you fit the unit ? Next to the expansion tank didn’t seem good to me ..

9. Steve, I put it in the same place Kartman did, under the rear seat. You loose most of that space I'm afraid.

10. Thought that but been sat looking like ya do but there’s a tight fit under the rider seat .. doesn’t seem to be fouling or getting in the way .. I’ve left it alone for now finish it tomorrow when I’ve sobered up !

• Like Like x 1
  11. Can anyone recommend a fitter to fit to a Multistrada 12000 S?

12. A 12 litre Multi, that must have some toque and shred rear tyres. Sorry couldn't resist.

13. I have the Rapid Bike Evo fitted (1200 Pike Peek) for the last 3 years, it has it good points and no so good points
    Good points:
    low end grunt is improved
    Not so good:
    tends to over fuel when flat out
    Summary ...makes the bike a bit more "hooligan" Can be difficult in traffic as the fueling is a bit lumpy
    will send some pics

14. The ECU unit is best fitted under the pillion seat, the loom goes over that bulk head, I have had no probs with the loom wearing or pinching

20191026_074447.jpg

15. When fitting the Rapid Bike unit I also fitted SC Projects end can and link pipe which removed the HUGH catalytic converter which makes for a considerable weight saving
    I dont think the SC Projects pipe is as good quality as an Akropovic or even a Termi pipe

20191026_074606.jpg

16. It over fuels when flat out, as can be seen with blackened indicator
    The top end speed is not improved,,, I reckon 240kph (150mph) is the absolute max

20191026_074847.jpg

17. Forget the "Toque", a 12 litre Multi will require a damn good helmet. Sorry Steve couldn't resist LOL.

Canadian_Drinking_Toque_Red__35531.1476234386.jpg

#19 DarR, Oct 26, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. I fitted mine under the riders seat. IMG_0995.JPG

Do Not Sell My Personal Information