1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Information / Knowledge On A 1970 Ducati Mini 2 ?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Arnie14, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Just got back from a work trip to Spain and while out there seen this little bike in a field and caught my eye so ended up doing a buy, anybody know much about them? Many around? Many made? Was thinking of customising is for a charity ride later in the year unless somebody tells me there rare and I should restore it etc?

IMG_0770.JPG

2. Looks great. Nice to see a few more pictures.

3. Just wao
    Cheers, just waiting for it to be delivered in the crate I put it in with work to get it back, do you know much about them or seen one before?

4. Not sure, but it's probably made by Motortrans, a Spanish manufacturer that continued to build Ducati singles until well into the 1970s under licence from Ducati.

5. #5 Kato, Jan 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Interesting, thank you mate, are they worth much money? Any spares or complete bikes around?

7. Spares are available but in Spain of course €1500 for a good usable example in Spain/Italy no idea of UK value mine and now yours are the only two I know of in the UK

8. hello, sorry for reviving and older post, I’m wondering if and what the process is of importing / registering one of these in the UK

Thanks

9. Get yourself an agent to do it for you......

Do not attempt to deal with HMRC direct. You could easily make mistakes with a DIY approach .. and worse still, you might open-up a whole can of VAT issue making you liable to paying tax when you could be exempt from this form of Duty.

There are a bunch of forms to fill out with some very confusing detail (if not familiar with it) DVLA will not even start re registration until you get import clearance from HMRC

Last time I did it about 3 years back the agent’s cost was:

Customs Clearance (Manual) ....... GB£ 75.00
    Import Fee (Software charge) ........ GB£ 3.50
    TOTAL ...................................... GB£ 78.50

For that, why would you bother doing it yourself and run the risk of exposing yourself to a world of potential mistakes, VAT liability etc

Have a read here
    https://www.importing-cars.co.uk/services/import/classic-cars-historical-interest.php

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Thanks for the very very quick response, I’ll definitely will be using an agent for those fee s I doesn’t make sense not to!

11. Hi. Just joined and seen your questions and info on the mini 2. I also have one. They are a great conversation Piece. I’m trying to get round to doing a full restore on mine. I have a contact in Spain to get parts. Reasonable prices but takes a little time. I have a parts manual that I would copy and post if anyone needs it. I’m in London. Just wondering if anyone knows good reliable sources to have the engine rebuilt. Thanks

12. Hi Cozzies, would much appreciate a copy of that parts manual PM me the cost please

• Like Like x 2
  14. Hey Cozzies,

Do you still have a copy of the parts manual and or a parts contact? bit of a long shot on a 4yr old post!
    I've just bought a mini 2 yesterday and its needing a bit of TLC & parts. Cheers

15. You might want try tagging cozzies or seeing if he's still a member

16. Still a member but not been on the forum for nearly 4 years. Andy

17. @Kato did you get a copy of parts manual

18. Alas no I did not :(

• Love You Love You x 1
  19. Thanks folk, it was a long shot. The search continues

Do Not Sell My Personal Information