1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

950 Any Lever Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by GrumpyGolfer, Jul 10, 2019.

1. V-Trec now fitted and very pleased, with one issue; the bike will no longer start in gear with the clutch pulled in :thinkingface: It worked fine before with the short levers on so it is probably something the idiot owner has done; anyone give me a clue please?

2. Just fitted some V-Trex foldable to my MTSE, not ridden it yet (seat's away for rebuilding). Mine have a little bar sticking down underneath the clutch lever to operate the microswitch for in gear starting, do you have that on yours?

3. Thanks for the reply, unfortunately not the solution; the micro switch on mine is hidden at the back of the housing, lined up by a hole in the bracket that the pivot bolt goes through. Tried all three of the levers I've got and it doesn't work with any of them, so definitely the switch, and you don't touch it in the change over. Dealer can't give me any pointers but said it should be a warranty job, even though I've changed the lever. We will see.

What it has done is irritate me even more that a 12 grand bike doesn't come with an adjustable span clutch lever. :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Popped over to In Moto in Croydon after work. The tech had a fiddle & it now works without needing a new switch. Not sure what he did as I can't see how you can adjust it, but I'm assured that's what he did, and now it works. No charge, despite the fact that the idiot owner had fitted an aftermarket lever.

Thank you very much In Moto. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 4
  5. Nice one! And top marks for the no charge bit!

6. I lost the little pin out of the bottom of mine so it might be worth undoing it and adding a drop of locktite?

• Like Like x 1
  7. No pin in mine to do anything with.

• Like Like x 1
  8. If there is no pin then you can’t start the bike in gear as this operates the clutch switch

9. Grumpy Holder's switch is in a different place ...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information