1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 Any Other Visible Signs Apart From Ohlins Rear Shock On A 996s

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Glenb, Apr 27, 2019.

1. sorry guessing this has been asked before but I searched and couldn’t find any more info , my w reg 996 has an ohlins rear shock and it’s a biposta so wasn’t sure whether it’s an s or not , is there any other visible signs if it was an s model
    Thanks

2. it should have a full 50mm exhaust including manifolds, it will also have a twin injector throttle body but small P6 ecu with single pick up (and run badly from 3-4500rpm), the S was available in Bp and Mono versions.
    standard steering damper, and also ABS airbox, internally Ti con rods, and mine made 128bhp on the dyno, rather than the 112 from the standard engine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hi was the termi 50mm system supplied on all 996s??
    Also do ALL have ti rods??
    Thanks

4. Not sure about the exhaust although at the back of my memory, the 996 did get a 45mm system or 45/50mm half system. Titanium con rods were not standard across the range. Andy

5. Do you refer to 996 in general or specifically the 996s model Andy???

Seems a very hazy subject of what the S model actually comes with.
    Some people say it has to rods others so no.. some people say sps engine others say no.

6. what does it state on your V5

7. the 996s did have ti rods and lighter crank but used the standard heads and cams, does not have the sps engine.

8. My v5 states 996s.
    It was more of a general question..mainly regarding the engine specifically..
    As there seems to be alot of different information on the internet.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information